31| together?

Avery

The humid summer air mixed with the blazing sun was almost enough for me to turn around from the beach. Unfortunately I was in a car and definitely not the one driving. Sitting uncomfortably in my tiny pink bikini and cover up dress, I stared out the window taking in our new surroundings for the week.

I had never visited Mexico before but it was beautiful. The architecture of each building we passed was nothing like you would see at home and I loved the random food I could buy just walking down the street. Surely this was heaven.

"Does this car not have ac" Landon mumbled from beside me, feeling the heat waves as we drove through town with little air coming in. The open windows didn't do much when the air was still and dry.

"Uhh i'm not sure. I didn't know how to ask the guy and I can't figure anything else out on this car other than making it move" Blake shrugged looking over the middle console for anything that would look like an ac button on the car he rented.

"Oh my god, you don't know how to work it?" Lydia said as she looked at him with wide eyes from the passenger seat. "We better not die before I see this beach"

Lydia being the organized person she was had planned most of our itinerary for our time here and specifically searched for each place we were visiting.

Her last remark made us all laugh, lightening the mood from us all being hot.

"We're here" He smiled at her playfully before throwing the rental in park and taking out the keys.

"Wake up" I heard Landon. He shook Easton waiting for him to get up. This boy could fall asleep anywhere anytime.

"Huh, i'm up" The sleeping boy opening his eyes in confusion looking around. "Where are we?" His dazed expression making us all chuckle.

"The beach idiot now let me out" Landon groaned.

Easton threw his hands up in defense before opening the door and jumping out. I had finally gotten out after watching the whole scenario, trying not to laugh at Landon's annoyance. It was funny to see how serious he acted sometimes.

"Wow this is gorgeous" I stared out at the white sand beach in awe. The palm trees swayed in the wind from the waves being so close.

"I know right!" Lydia squealed before grabbing ahold of Blake's hand and running straight towards the water.

"Wait! Lydia!" He tried yelling but it was no use. When she was excited she had the strength of a superhero.

"The water here is amazing" Landon said trying to distract me as he reached for my tote bag that hung off my shoulder.

"Oh cmon! It's one bag" I tried to reason. As much as I liked it I felt bad, I could carry my stuff sometimes.

Trying to think of a way out of it, my mouth opened to spit out something random. "Well it's like a purse so go ahead" Shrugging I watched his face waiting for his reaction as I slung it off my arm and held it out.

"If you thought that would work, you're wrong" He smirked as he grabbed it from my hands carrying it the same way I had it.

"Now we can go" Landon let out a satisfied smile that I couldn't help but return as we trailed behind Easton who was searching for a perfect spot.

"So you've been here before?" I asked as we walked side by side with the hot sand burning my feet.

"Yeah Blake's dad used to take us when we were little but when we got old enough he never gave us permission to come here alone, until now" He smiled at the memory. It was nice to see how close they've been over the years.