19| close corners

Avery

It was finally the last day of the trip and I never thought I would say this while traveling but, I wanted to be back. I had missed my mom and maybe even felt a little home-sick for my new house. I had successfully managed to ignore Landon for the rest of the time here after blowing up on him last time we talked.

I still had mixed emotions; though I couldn't be too upset since we weren't official it still hurt that he could do that without even thinking about how I would feel. I mean the dude invited me down there!

"It's our last night you have to come!" Lydia tried convincing me. I was still stuck in my position, lying in bed like I have been doing unless I was required to move.

"Just go without me" I muttered from under the covers. I was perfectly fine with staying in and away from everyone else.

"Absolutely not. Who knows maybe you'll even find a cute guy that'll take your mind right off of Landon" She tried cheerily.

I winced at the sound of his name, still not over it completely.

"I don't know Lyds. I don't want to see him" I answered popping my head up. What if he showed up?  He continuously texted me so I had no other choice but to block his number, each one was just a reminder.

"Maybe a few drinks could help you out" She winked making me laugh.

"Alright. Why not"

I jumped out of my bed earning a squeal from my overly excited friend. I didn't want Lydia to have to go alone or even stay here because I won't go, she's been such a good friend recently and I need to pay it back.

"Let's get you cleaned up" She looked over my state in shock. Between the messy bed head and eye crust from crying her ears off, I looked a mess. I couldn't blame her for looking at me like I had two heads.

After a long, much needed shower Lydia done my hair, makeup, and outfit which she insisted on. Something about I would half ass it since I'm still slumping. Either way I was grateful, she made me look so good!

My hair was blown out to perfection giving me extra volume compared to my normal, flat style. She could be a hairstylist with how good she was!

She applied some light makeup but added lashes and eyeliner to make my eyes pop. And finally, the dress she had chosen fit me perfectly. I was in love with my make over, feeling genuinely good for the first time in days.

It was a gorgeous, strapless white dress that hugged every inch of me

It was a gorgeous, strapless white dress that hugged every inch of me. I threw on some jewelry and a pair of heels before grabbing a purse and filling it with what I would need for the night.

Lydia was done getting ready by that point and I stared in awe.

"Oh my god! You look so good, how did you do that in such a short amount of time?"