33| congratulations

Avery

As I sat in my bedroom at my desk, my shaky hands picked up the envelope that contained my future.

We had been home from vacation for a few weeks now and as great as it was I missed being home. However, I did not miss this anxiety.

"Take deep breaths, you're all good" The boy spoke from the FaceTime call on my phone that was propped up so he could see me.

"Okay" I replied before trying to calm myself down. He had offered to bail on his plans and come over for this but I couldn't let him. He hasn't seen them in a while and I didn't want to take him away from that.

I smiled to Landon before quickly ripping open the envelope so I couldn't change my mind. This was it. Everyone else had already been accepted and knew where they were going to college but me.

My heart raced as I unfolded it, reading each sentence carefully.

"I got in!" I yelled throwing my arms up with a breath of relief. The nervousness and anxious thoughts stopped, I finally could stop stressing over it.

"That's great Aves, congratulations! We're going to college together!" He beamed. I grinned wider than I think I ever have, his excitement only made me even happier. I could tell he was truly proud of me.

Now we would be able to spend more time together without having to do long distance. To make things even better, I would be able to room with my best friend.

"I have to go tell my mom!"

"Go ahead, i'll talk to you soon" Landon spoke.

"Okay. Talk to you soon" Shakily, I hung up the phone. This time it was a good shaking.

"Mom!" I yelled as I ran down the steps holding the piece of paper.

Entering the living room where Greg and her had been watching tv, I held up the big news to them.

"I'm going to SCU!" I explained proudly. They both knew how much I had been stressing over this acceptance after watching me stalk the mailbox for weeks.

"That's great sweetie!" My mom jumped up to hug me. She had always been one of my biggest supporters.

"Wow, congratulations Avery! Great job" Greg added before joining us, wrapping a strong bold around us.

"Did you tell Easton yet? Oh honey isn't this great they're going together!" My mom turned to Greg with a bright face.

"Sure is" He responded with a chuckle.

"Not yet I don't think he's home but I'll go call him" I said giving them both one last hug before running up to my room. It felt like I had 3 coffees with the amount of energy I had.

I crashed down on to my bed as I reached for my phone. Clicking on my brothers contact, I held the phone to my ear as it rang. I wasn't sure where he was but probably somewhere the rest of the boys were. They were inseparable and I adored it.

"Hello" He answered the phone.

"Hey, do you know when you'll be home?" I asked trying not to tell him over the phone. I was hoping it wouldn't be long since I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold it in.

"Nah i'm still at Blake's with Landon. Lydia is about to come over you should stop by" Easton explained. It was hard to make out what he was saying over the boys loud voices in the back.

"Okay great. I'll be there soon" I smiled knowing i'd get to see a certain boy.

"Avery's coming?" I heard a small voice come from the other side of the phone making me giggle. I knew exactly who it belonged to.