21| face to face

Avery

As my feet dragging my body up the stairs, I stared down to the tall handsome boy. I could tell me giving his hat back made him upset but seeing it everyday reminded me constantly of what happened on that trip...

I sighed loudly as I slammed my room door shut. I was missing Landon badly even though I was still mad at him, feeling even worse about kissing then ghosting him. The soft mattress caught my fall as I threw myself back stressed out over the matter.

Not knowing what else to do, I picked up my cell phone and clicked on the contact who I knew would have just the right advice.

The call connected with my face popping up on the screen. I waited as it loaded before talking once I saw her.

"Lydia" I groaned pushing my head into a pillow.

"Hey babes, what happened?" She questioned setting herself up so I could see her clearly.

"Landon's over with the rest of the guys. I ran into him earlier and it was really awkward" My head dropped into my hands. "I found him downstairs and gave his hat back"

She listened closely as I talked, waiting to talk so she wouldn't interrupt me.

"He said I could keep it but I told him no. He walked away looking really upset" I frowned. I knew what he did to me was bad but that didn't mean I liked seeing him hurt either.

"This is worse than I thought" Lydia shook her head.

"That's not helping!"

"I'm sorry, maybe you should just talk to him. That way you can both get closure and you won't feel like this" She suggested.

"You think it'll work? I've been trying to ignore that conversation because I feel like it'll hurt more than seeing it. I don't want to know if he likes her or even wants to be with her" Tears prickling in my eyes as the memories came flooding back.

"You never know"

"Maybe you're right. Thanks Lydia, I'll update you in a few" I smiled through the screen.

"That's my girl! You got this. Talk to you soon" She blew a kiss to the camera before hanging up. I chuckled feeling a bit more confident as I looked through my blocked list.

Me:
Can you come to my room please?

I sent with slightly shaky hands. A few seconds later I heard a ding.

Landon:
Be there soon.

My heart raced as I sat up in my bed, fixing up my hair slightly and readjusting my clothes after they had twisted from lying down. I moved my pillows back to their original places when two knocks came from my door.

"Come in"

Landon walked through the door looking more nervous than me. He closed it behind him unsure if he should lock it or not like we usually did. Guess he went for the safe option, leaving it unlocked.

"Hey" He walked over taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Hi" Was the only thing that came out unsure what to say first. Damn it, I should've questioned Lydia more! He watched me; waiting for what I was going to do next.

"I think we should talk, about what happened and everything" I played with my fingers anxiously. He noticed, looking down with at my hands in my lap before back up at me.

"Okay great" Landon smiled.

"I just want to know why you did it. I thought we had something" My voice broke slightly trying to fight the urge not to burst out sobbing. It was easier to rehearse what I would say than doing it in front of him.