Salute to our Soldiers

Young boys become men, replacing concrete for guns and sand. 

They are the heroes of our nation, but their demise could be close at hand. 

For how can you defeat an enemy, that is nothing more than a shadow in the sun? 

But our boys will keep soldiering on, until the day that the war is won. 

Flesh and blood go out, and coffins return in their place. 

A tear and a salute from a stranger, has made them a scar on our contry's face. 

The government shouts the word peace, but thirsts for blood and war. 

Perhaps it is time we took a stand, and told this vulture no more! 

If they wish to go to war, then let our voices be their shield. 

Let us protect them from the lightning strike, and give them an awesome power to wield. 

And while vultures risk their money, they gamble with their life. 

You march with courage into the battlezone, leaving at home your kids and wife. 

So join me in this chant, and give praise to those heroes abroad. 

Let us again see their smiling faces, instead of a name scribed across a board. 

The path is rugged and long, but soon it will come to an end. 

And never lose hope, you brothers in arms, for nobody can see what lies beyond the next bend.