5

Elena

It's been a month since I talked to Kevin. I'm not gonna force him to be in the baby's life. If he don't wanna be in the picture that's on him.

I'm gonna try my best to give the baby a good life. "You ready?" Mom says. "Yes, let's go" I say.
I'm officially 2 months pregnant. My mom been a really big help. She's been going with me to every appointment.

We got to the restaurant and we ordered our food. "Mom, I just wanna tell you that I'm really grateful for everything you've done for me. I know I haven't been the best daughter lately, but I'm thankful for you" I say.

"I was pretty disappointed that you got pregnant, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. I'll always be here to help you when the baby gets here" she says. "I love you mom" I say. "I love you more" she says.

Once we were done eating, we just sat there talking. "Oh no" I say. "What?! Are you okay?" She says. "He's here" I say. "Who is?" She says.

"The father of my child" I say.

____________________
Kevin

"Here's your bill" the waitress says. I paid for the food and we left the restaurant. "Thank you for taking me out to eat" mom says.

"Excuse me? Are you Kevin's mom?" Some lady says. "Yes?" Mom says. "Can we talk?" She says.
"No, sorry. Let's go son" mom says.

"Your son got my daughter pregnant" she says, and my heart was pounding fast. "Excuse me?" Mom says. "You heard me. Your son got my daughter pregnant" she says.

"Kevin what is she talking about?" Mom says.
"I-I...don't know" I say. "Mom just let it go, I don't need him, nor does the baby" I heard Elena say. "Kevin what is she talking about?" Mom says.

"Mom, I.....It's a long story" I say. "Let's go to my house. We can talk there" my mom says.

Once we got to my moms house, we all sat in the living room. "Now tell me why this lady said you got her daughter pregnant" mom says.

I told her the whole thing and she looked disappointed. "Really Kevin, I didn't raise you like this" she says. "I know, I'm sorry" I say.

"You should apologize to her, not me" she says.
"I'm sorry, Elena" I say and her eyes got watery.
"Mom, Can we please leave" she says.

"No, not yet. I want you to step up and help my daughter raise this baby" her mom says. "Oh, he will" my mom says. "Mom, my career is barely starting" I say.

"Idc, You're going to take care of her and this baby" she says. "Thank you" the lady says.
"I'm really sorry, about him. But I promise he's going to be there for you and the baby. You have my support" my mom says.

I looked at both moms, then at Elena. She looked down and I shook my head, and left the house.