13

Elena

We were waiting in the lobby and I could tell kevin was getting annoyed. "Elena" the nurse says. "Finally" Kevin said.

She took us to the room and I sat on the bed.
She took my information and she left. "Are you excited to see your son?" I asked him. "Eh" he shrugs.

The doctor walks in and she shook Kevin's hand.
"It's nice to finally meet you" she says and Kevin didn't say anything. "Anyway, do y'all know the gender already?" She asks. I nod. "Great, lets get started" she said.

She put the gel all over my belly. I shivered at the coldness which sent Kevin chuckling. The doctor applied the wand over my belly button and started to push random buttons on the keyboard as she moved the wand around to find the baby.

"There he is" she smiles. "Awe, look he's covering his face" I say to Kevin. He was smiling a little but he didn't look so happy.

All of a sudden, a loud and heavy heartbeat rang through all the medical instruments.

"And there's the heart beat" she exclaimed, the smile plastered on her face and you knew that she enjoyed her job.

"It's so loud" Kevin stated, we just laughed.
"But it's a very healthy baby you got there" the doctor told Kevin as she gave me a towel to wipe the gel off.

"I'll get the video and photos and you're set to go" she said while closing the door. "How exciting was that. You got to see your son" I say.

____________________________
Kevin

The doctor gave us the stuff and we left.
"Can we go to the store?" She says. "For what?" I say. "I wanna buy clothes, bottles, everything the baby is going to need" she says.

"I guess" I say. "Let's go to target" she says. I drove to target, and she got a cart. "Alright, let's go to the baby section" she says.

"Ima get him a few newborn outfits" she says.
"But don't we got some already?" I say. "That's for when he gets bigger" she says. Once she finished getting clothes, she started grabbing bottles, baby shampoos, baby carrier, breast pumper, pacifiers and some other stuff too.

"We need to get a car seat, stroller, a crib, a baby swing" she says. "Damn, that's a lot of stuff" I say. "Well the baby is going to need all of that" she says.

We got all the supplies for the baby, and I was exhausted. "I'm starving" She says. "Shit, me too" I say. "Let's eat tacos!" She says. "Bet!" I say.

We got to the tacos stand and good thing there was one person there. "Hi, what can I get started for you too?" She asks us. "Can I have 2 al pastor and 2 de asada" I say.

"Can I just have 3 al pastor, porfa" Elena says.
"And can I have a medium Jamaica" I say. "I'll have a medium agua de fresa" She says.

I paid for the food and as we waited a small little boy came up to me. "Can I get a picture with you?!" He said. "Sure" i say. His parents took the picture and I signed his white shirt.

"Thank you. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you" He said, while hugging me.