17

Elena

I was in the back car with Mateo. Once we arrived home, Kevin took the car seat and we walked to our apartment.

When we walked inside, our moms, Cam, Kevin's brothers, and Andres were sitting on the couch. "Hi everyone" I said. My mom came up to me and we hugged each other.

"Congratulations, Mija. I know you're going to be the best mommy to my grandson" she said.
"I learn from the best" I said. "Can we know his name?" Cam says.

"Mateo Nahin Alvarez" I say. "What a beautiful name" Kevin's mom says. "Can we meet him?" Cam says.

Andres came up to me and he gave me the biggest hug. "Congratulations" he said. "Thank you" I said.

A few months ago, I decided to give Andres another chance. He's been so supportive.
"He has your beautiful nose" Andres says wrapping his arms around me.

"Doesn't he?" My mom says. "He's perfect" Andrés said kissing my neck. "He really Is" i said.
"Someday, I'll love to have a kid with you" Andres said.

"Me too" I said and Kevin got up and left upstairs. I sighed. "I'll be back" I said. I walked into the room and I saw Kevin on his phone.

"You okay?" I asked. "I'm fine" he said. "Look, I wanna apologize for everything. For all the arguments we had. I promise that I'll move out soon" I said.

"Just give me some time to find a place" I said.
_______________________
Kevin

"But all I'm asking you is to try to love our son" she said while leaving the room. I turned my phone off and I thought about what she said.

I saw my mom walk In the room and she sat next to me. "What are you doing up here?" She said.
"Idk, I just needed some space" I said.

"Holding Mateo, reminding me of you when you were a baby. He has your mouth, your eyes, your ears, your smile. He's a blessing Mijo. He's a little innocent angel. I know you grew up without your dad but he was such a great father. He loved all three of you so much. You know how it feels to grow up without a dad, don't let Mateo grow up without you. He needs you. He needs both of his parents" she said.

"Ma, when he was born, I felt some type of joy inside me. I really did, but I'm not the father he deserves. He deserves a dad who's going to teach him how to become a great man, unfortunately I can't be that dad. I had to become a man on my own. My dad was not here to teach me those stuff" I said.

"See you said it yourself. You had to become a man on your own, why? Because you didn't have your dad. Imagine, Mateo, growing up with a father figure. He's going to need you" she says.

"He has his mother" I say. "Kevin, look how I struggled raising all three of you on my own. It's not easy. A son needs a man in his life, who's gonna teach his how to ride a bike, how to play soccer, how to drive, how to be a great person" she says.

"Mateo needs two parents. Two parents who love each other, two parents who are there for each other, two parents who will protect him. Two parents who are going to support and cheer him on. Obviously, Elena and I don't get along. We were forced to live with each other, but there is one guy who can love him....that person is Andres" I said.

"Kevin, don't say that. You two can be there for Mateo, you don't have to be with each other. All I'm saying is to be there for him" she said.

"Did you see the way Andres looked at Mateo. He looked at him with so much love. The way Andres and Elena look at each other that's love.
And that's what Mateo needs. A happy family" I said.