40

Elena

Today was New Year's Eve, and we were celebrating with all our family and friends.

"Kevin, I missed you" Luis said hugging him.
"Me too" Kevin said. "Elena, how are you" he said hugging me. "I'm good" I said.  "Congrats on your pregnancy!" He said. "Thank you!" I said.

"How about y'all? I think it's time for y'all to have a baby" Kevin told Luis and his girlfriend. "Actually, we've been talking about having a baby soon" she said. "Make it soon so our babies can be besties" I said.

"Omg, yes! I can't wait!" She said. "Kevin come" his brother says. "I'll be back" he said kissing my forehead. "Kevin really changed" Luis said. "Yeah, he did. He's been such a great boyfriend and father" I said.

"I'm glad to hear that. He's been through a lot but he finally found love" he said. "Everyone we have exactly 5 minutes before the count down!" My mom tells.

"Ima go find Mateo, I'll be back" I said walking away. "Mom where's Mateo?" I said. "He's with Kevin's mom" she said. "Oh ok. Do you know where's Kevin?" I said. "He's talking to his brother" she said.

"Ahh, ok" I said, sitting on the chair. "Are you okay, mija?" My asks me. "Yeah, I'm fine" I said.
"Are you sure mija" she said. "Yes mom, I'm fine. It's just my feet hurt" I said.

"Elena, can you come please" Kevin's brother said. "Yeah" I said getting up. "Close your eyes though" he said. "Why?" I said. "Just close them please" he said.

"Alright" I said closing them. "Hold my hand mija" my mom said. "Where we going?" I said.
"You'll find out soon" my mom said.

We were walking for a good minute and then we stopped. "Can I open my eyes now?" I said.
"Not yet" my mom said. "What's going on?" I said.

"Alright...open them" I hear my mom say. I slowly opened them and I couldn't believe it.
Kevin was on one knee holding a box with a beautiful ring.

"Omg" I said covering my mouth. "Elena, my love....i know I gaved you some hard time...but I wanna thank you for changing me. You mean the world to me. You are my heart.. the reason why I smile everyday. There is no one else I rather spend the rest of my life with. You make everyday better than the last and you are truly my best friend. You and our kids are the best thing that ever happened to me. You look at me in a way that makes me feel seen, love, and cared for. You listen to my thoughts, treat me with respect. You added my happiness in more ways than I can count. Being around you has made me a better man and I now have the wisdom and the strength to keep fighting to become the man our family needs. I love you and continue to love you till my last breath. So I have one question for you?
Elena Marie Flores, will you marry me?" Kevin said as tears were falling from his beautiful eyes.

"Yes! A million times Yes!" I said and he slides the ring on my left finger. He picked me up and he spun me around while kissing each other.

Everyone claps and cheers for us. Our moms came up to us. "Congrats mija" my mom said.
"Thank you" I said. I looked to my right and I saw Cam. "CAM" I said running up to him.

"Congratulations bitch!" He said hugging me.
"Thank you! Omg, I missed you like crazy!" I said while crying. "I missed you too" he said. "How's life been for you?" I asked him. "Pretty good can't complain" he said.

"Who's this?" I said. "This is my man Travis...Travis this is my bestie Elena" Cam said. "Hi nice to meet you" he said. "You too" I said. "Alright guys 15 more seconds!" My mom said.

I ran to Kevin and he was already holding Mateo.

    ______________________________
Kevin

"5...4...3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone yells. Elena hugged me and Mateo. "Happy new years babe" she said. "Happy new years amor" I said.

"This is where a new chapter begins for us" Elena said. "That's right amor. Our new chapter has begun" I said.

We were at the party for a while then we decided to go home. "I'm exhausted" Elena said while lying on the bed. "Me too" I said laying next to here. I put my head on her stomach and I kissed it.

"I can't for our babygirl to get here" I said. "Me too. Im finally getting a mini me" she said. "I love you so much princess. Daddy's waiting patiently for you" I said. "She's definitely going to have a really protective dad and brother" Elena said.

"Yup, that means no boyfriends" I said. "No boyfriend?" She said. "Mhm. The only man she needs in her life is me" I said. "You know she's gotta have her own life..right?" She said playing with my hair.

"I know..... But she can start dating when she's 40" I said. "I think 18 is a good age to start dating" she said. "Hell nah, that's too young" I said. "Babe what matters is that she finds someone who's gonna respect her and treat her like a queen" she said.

"Yeah.. I hope she finds someone like that. But as in right now no boyfriends" I said and she rolls her eyes.

"I can't believe we're engaged!" She said looking at her ring. "I've been waiting to propose to you, I've had this ring for a year now" I said. "A year?" She said.

"Yeah...I always knew I was going to get you back" I said. "Really?" She said. "Yes, I always talked to my mom about how I still loved you, that I wanted you back, and she would always tell me to get you back" I said.

"Why didn't you?" She said. "Idk, maybe because I was still a lot bit mad about you hiding the proposal. My mind was telling me to let you go, but my heart was telling me to hold on for a bit longer" I said.

"So you were trying to forget about me?" She said. "Yeah, that's why I started dating, thinking it was going to help but it didn't. The love I have for you is so strong" I said kissing her hand.

"I'm glad you didn't give up on us" she said. "I love you and our kids for life" I said. "We love you too" she said.

I was about to kiss her, When the door opened.
"Mateo, what are you doing up?" Elena said and he got on the bed and he sat in between us.

"The most important question is how did you get of your crib?" I said. "Omg, Mateo..you could've hurt yourself" Elena said. "I sleep here" he said getting comfortable.

"I think we should buy him a big boy bed" I said.
"I think thats a great idea" Elena said. "Night night" he said getting closer to me. "He's such a daddy's boy" Elena said.

"He just loves his daddy more..isn't that right campeón...you love daddy more than mommy?" I said. "Yeahhh" he said. "See" I said smiling at Elena. "Good thing I'm having a girl" she said touching her stomach.

"She's going to be a daddies girl" I said. "Ima make sure that doesn't happen" she said. "We'll see my love" I said kissing her.

Mateo kissed both of us and we all cuddled up together. "This is my happy place" I said.

Where life's begins and love never ends. This is us. Our Family. Our story.

THE END!!!

Thank you everyone for reading my story!! I appreciate every single one of you!!