16

Elena

I was in the room, going through my phone, when Kevin walked in. He had a weird look. Like if he had seen a ghost.

"Hey..what's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing" he said.
"You look like you seen a ghost" I said. "It's nothing" he says. I sighed while touching my stomach.

"Kevin, I gotta ask you something. When our son gets here, what's going to happen?" I say. "What do you mean by that?" He says. "Are you going to be in his life?" I say.

"I have no choice" he says. "Do you not care about him?" I say and he just shrugs. "Can you be serious for once" I said getting mad.

"I am" he said. "No your not!" I say. "I'm not about to do this again" he said trying to leave.
"NO. I'm tired of you always walking away. You're going to stay and listen to what I have to say" I said.

"I already know what you're going to say. You say the same bullshit everyday!" He said. "You don't even know what tf I go through!" I say.

"Omg, here you go. Us women go through a lot. We carry babies for nine months, contractions, birth...bla, bla, bla" he said. "You know what, I'm tired. You think everything's a joke. These few months have been hell with you. I tried my best to get along with you but you just been an asshole" I said.

"You don't think I'm tired too?! You don't think I go through it too? This whole thing got me stressed out. You stress me out. Always fucking arguing with you about the same shit. Give me a fucking break!" He yells.

Out of nowhere, I started having bad pains. "Ahh" I say holding my stomach. "Here you go, being dramatic asf" he said. "AHHHH" I screamed. "Your just doing that cuz you know I'm right" he said folding his arms.

"Take me to the hospital!" I said. "Stop with the bullshit" he says. "AHHHHHH!!!" I yelled while holding on to Kevin. "What's wrong with you?" He said and my water broke.

We both looked down, then we looked into each other's eyes. "Please, take me to the hospital now!" I said. "Oh shit!" He said. He scoops me up  bridal style and quickly makes his way to his car.

The contractions were coming on fast, too fast.
I started to feel my tears run down my face as I began to worry about my baby boy, while Kevin slams on the gas and rushes me to the hospital.
___________________________
Kevin

The drive to the hospital felt like the longest drive of my life. Once I arrived, I pulled into the hospital parking lot. I run to her car door, I opened it, I picked her up bridal style, and I ran inside.
"I need a doctor now!" I yelled and Elena let out a loud cry of pain. The nurses quickly bring out a wheelchair and rushes to her. They took her to a room, they changed her into a hospital gown and quickly laid her down. I watched the nurses hook her up to a machine.

"Sir, we are going to have to ask you to lea—"

"No. I'm not leaving!" I shouted at the nurse, refusing to go. They quickly nod to each other.
"Please, stand beside her" they say and I did what they told me to.

"Fuck this hurts" Elena shouts. "Okay, on the next contraction you're going to push alright?" The doctor said. "I'm scared" Elena says.

"There's no need to be scared. Kevin is here to hold your hand. You got this" the nurse say and I nod. I took her and she suddenly gripped my hand really hard and a scream escaped her mouth.

"Push, push, push" the doctor says. "Im sorry if I'm hurting you" Elena breathed out and I shook my head. "It's cool" i say.

After a minute the head was out, followed by his shoulders. Elena push for the last time and the baby slipped out, Elena gently pushed the doctors hands away and grabbed the baby, pulling him into her chest.

Not long after a loud scream filled the room.
"Hey baby" Elena sobbed lightly as she wiped a hand over his head.

"Congratulations, he's one healthy baby" the doctor says. "He's beautiful" Elena says.

I touched his arm and I smiled. "Have you guys thought of a name?" The nurse asks us and Elena looked at me.

"Mateo...Mateo Nahin Alvarez"