19

Elena

Andrés took me and Mateo out. We were walking around the park. "I'm sorry to hear that" he said.
"Living with Kevin has been really hard. I feel trapped" I say.

"Why don't you come and stay with me?" He said. "I cant" i said. "Why not?" He says. "Mateo needs his dad" I say. "Kevin doesn't give a fuck about Mateo. He has told you before" he said.

"I know, but I just can't take my son away from his father. I don't have the heart to do that. He might not care about him, but I have faith that someday he's going to change" I said.

Andres gently picked Mateo up and he kissed his head. "You know many people think that a child needs their dad, but I don't agree. A child needs a safe dad. A consistent dad. A providing dad. A dad that understands his children come before immature selfishness. A dad that respects his child's mother. If Kevin is not that dad, Mateo doesn't need him. Especially if they have it in their mother. I grew up with a single mother, and I never needed anything or anyone because my mother was that and more" he said.

He's right.

"I love this little guy. Elena, I just want you to know that I'm here for you. I'm here to help you raise Mateo. He might not be my blood but I'll always treat him like if he was my own. It's only been a week since he's been in this world and I have so much love for this little guy" he said, holding my hand.

"Your a great person. I wished he was yours" I said. "He is..he is mine. Like I said, just cuz he's not my blood doesn't mean I'm not gonna love him" he says.

          _________________________
Kevin

Elena walks in the room with Mateo and it looked like shes been crying. She's always crying, no wonder where Mateo got it from.

"Where y'all go?" I asked. "We went out with Andres" she says. "Oh" I said. "Hey can you watch Mateo, I wanna take a shower" she says.

"I'm watching the game" I said pointing at the Tv.
"Please" she said. "I guess" i said. "Thank you" she said coming towards me.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "I'm giving you the baby?" She said. "Nah, put him in his crib" I said. "Why don't you wanna carry him. You only carried him once" she said, while laying Mateo on the bed next to me.

"I just don't want to" I said. "I don't get you, you were so happy in the hospital, and now you're very rude" she says. "That's how I am" I said.

"Anyways, he already ate, if he cries give him his pacifier" she said. "I told you to put him in his crib" I said. "You can put him in his crib" she said going in the bathroom. "Ugh" I rolled my eyes.

As I was watching the game, Mateo kept on making baby noises. "Shh" I said.

10 minutes later, he started crying. "Mateo, I'm trying to watch the game here" I said getting up.
He kept on crying really loud. "Bruh, why are you crying?" I said.

"Elena, where's his pacifier at?!" I shouted. "It's in his crib!" She yelled. I grabbed his pacifier and I place it in his mouth. I was going to remove my hand, when his little hand grabbed my finger. "Can you like not touch me" i said and he didn't let go.