34

Elena

A month later

I woke up and it was 2pm. I'm so tired. I didn't come home til 10pm. I got up and I went to the bathroom.

"I look a mess" I said and I took a quick shower.
Once I finished I got dressed and I brushed my teeth.

I went downstairs and I saw my mom cooking.
"Morning" I said kissing her head. "Someone woke up happy" she said and I smiled.

"You're not working today?" She asks. "No Ben gave me the day off" I said.

"I'm very proud of you mija. You've been working really hard" she says. "Thank you mom" I said.
"Can you take care of the food, I'm going over to Kevin's moms house cuz our novela is about to start and I don't wanna miss any of it" she said. "Go ahead mom, I got it from here" I said.

"Thank you, I'll be back in two hours" she said leaving the house. I finished making the food and I was about to go back to my room when I heard a knock at the door.

"Mommy" Mateo says. "Hi my love" I said kissing his head. "Hey" Kevin says. "Hey" I said. "Mommy look, new toy" he says. "Oh my goodness, thats a cool truck" I said and he ran to the living room.

"Did yall have fun?" I asked. "Yeah, we had the best day at the park" he says. "I'm glad yall did" I said. "So you're not working today?" He asks.

"No, Ben gave me the day off" I say. "That's nice" he says. "So do you have practice today?" I asked.
"Nah, I have the day off today" he says.

"You hanging out with Fatima?" I asked. "Nah, she works" he says. "What are u doing today?" I asked. "Ima just go home. I'll see y'all tmr" he said opening the door and Mateo ran towards him.

"No daddy" he said hugging his leg. "I gotta go, but I'll come for you tmr" he said picking him up.
"Daddy stay" Mateo said hugging his neck and Kevin looked at me.

"I don't mind you staying. We could probably spend some time together with Mateo" I said and Kevin smiles. "I like that idea" he said.

"Daddy's not leaving baby, come on let's go play" I said. "Yay!" Mateo said while clapping his hands. "Come on, lead the way" Kevin said putting him down.

He ran towards his soccer ball and grabbed it. "Outside" he said pointing in the backyard.
We went outside and it was such a beautiful day.

I sat on the grass and I watched them play. Mateo has gotten better at kicking the ball. He always watches his dad play on tv. He's wants to be just like his dad.

20 minutes later

"Mommy come play" he said. "Alright but I'm not that good" I said running towards them. "okay I'll be the goalie" Kevin said. I passed the ball to Mateo and he kicked it but it landed in Kevin's hands.

Kevin threw me the ball. "Kick it mommy" Mateo said. "You're gonna miss it" Kevin said. "How much you wanna bet Ima make it?" I said.
"20 bucks" he said. "Deal" I said.

I kicked the ball and it went between his legs.
"I made it!" I said while jumping. "Yay mommy!" Mateo said while jumping as well. Kevin was lying on the ground and Mateo ran to him, sitting on his stomach.

"Daddy lost" he said. "That's right, I lost" he said.
"Where's my 20 bucks?" I said. He took his wallet out and he gave me 100 dollars. "No, the deal was 20 dollars" I said getting up. "And I wanna give you 100" he said, while getting up.

"That's a lot" I said. "This is nothing..here take it" he said while putting it in my hands. "Fine, I'll save this for Mateo" I said. "No, this is for you. Go get your nails done or buy yourself something but spend it on yourself" he said.

"Okay, thank you" I said. "I want juice" Mateo said. "Alright let's get you some" Kevin said. We walked back inside the house.

       _____________________________
Kevin

"Kevin, how are you?" Elena's mom said. "I'm good, and you" I said while hugging her. "I'm doing well, I just came back from your mom's house. We decided to spend thanksgiving together" she said.

Fuck yeah. "I love that idea. Now Mateo can spend thanksgiving giving with all of his family members" I said. "I think that's a great idea" Elena said.

"I can't wait for thanksgiving" I said. "Me too" Mateo said. "Alright, I think it's time for me to go" I said. "I'll walk you out" Elena said.

"Bye daddy" Mateo said. "Bye buddy, I love you" I said and We walked outside. "Im glad we are all getting together for thanksgiving" I said. "Me too. I'm glad that Mateo is spending it with both of us" she said.

"Me too, hopefully we can celebrate Christmas and new years together" I said. "Hopefully we can" she said. "I should get going" I said.

"Bye, drive safe" she said. "I will" I said, while hugging her. She smells so good. We slowly pull away but we never let go of each other.

I didn't waste no time, I quickly kissed her before she pulled fully away. It took her a few seconds to kiss back. I missed her lips..so much.

I know it's wrong cuz I have a girl, but this is the woman I love. The mother of my child. The one I wanna be with. She's the love of my life.

I want her back. I need her back. She pulls away and she clears her throat. "I'll see you tomorrow" she said. "Yeah, see you tmr" I said.

I quickly got in my car and I drove away. This is just the beginning of getting my wife back.

       ____________________________

I decided to go to my mom's house. "Hola ma" I said. "Kevin, I have some news for you" she said.
"I already know" I said. "Who told you?" She said.

"I was at Elena house" I said. "I'm so excited" she said. "Me too" I said. "You're bringing Fatima, right?" My brother asked. Shit. "Uh, duh, she's my girl" I said.

"You know, I wish you were still with Elena" my mom said. "Yeah, I mean Fatima is a nice person, but She just isn't for you" my other brother says.

"Leave your brother alone. If he loves Fatima, then so do we" my mom said.

"Ima go now, I love you guys" I said leaving the house. I decided to go to Fatima's apartment.
"Kevin? What are you doing here?" She said.

"I came to see you" I said. "Come in" she said.
"How was work?" I asked. "Good but I'm tired. I missed you" she said kissing me.

"Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to spend thanksgiving with my family this year" I said. "Omg I would love that" she said.

"Not only were spending it with my family but with Elena as well" I said and her smile faded. "Oh." She said. "Is that okay?" I said. "Yeah, that's fine" she said.

"Are you sure. I dont wanna make you go if you don't want to" I said. "No, no, I'll go" she said kissing my cheek.

"Then for Christmas Eve we can spend it with my family" she said. Fuck. "Yeah, sure" I said. "Then for Christmas Day, we can spend it with Mateo. Just the three of us....as a family" she said.

"I-Ima have to talk to Elena about that" I said. "Sure, but I think she'll say yes. I mean, ima be Mateo's stepmom...right?" she said.

"Uhhhh...I guess" I said. "So where is that little....kid" she said. "With his mom" I said. "So you're not having him tonight?" She said.
"No, tmr" I said. "Good, now we can have some alone time" she said.

"I'm not in the mood" I said. "Not in the mood. Why don't you wanna have sex with me?!" She said. "I'm just not in the mood Fatima" I said.
"You never are....do you not love me anymore?!" She said.

Never did.

"Fatima calm down" I said. "I just want you to make love to me. That's all I'm asking for" she said, getting upset. "I'm going home" I said.

"Fine go!" She said going in her room.