4 - paulo dybala

"Is that for real?"

~~~~~~

I woke up to the gloomy sky's of Turin. This morning I had an early photoshoot with Victoria Secret. I lazily rolled out of bed and made my way into the bathroom.

As I was brushing my teeth I heard my phone ding on the counter next to me. My phone read.
"Paulito ❤️"

It was a message from my long term boyfriend of 5 years. Paulo Dybala. Paulo and I met through our close friends. Paulo played with Rodrigo De Paul on the national team and his girlfriend Tini is my best friend.

I had always talked to Tini about finding "the one" but, it was always the right person wrong time kind of situation for me. In the past few years I had been very unlucky with dating and eventually I just gave up.

Until one day I got lucky. One chilly night in November 5 years ago I was at a party that Paulo happened to be at. The party was a huge celebration before the 2018 World Cup.

Many Argentina players and football players in general were at this party. Tini warned me to look my best and I still remember exactly what she told me that night.

And I quote. "Make sure you look hot tonight because, I'm finding you your future husband."
Tini had always been so natural when it came to dating or flirting.

Then Rodrigo and Tini introduced me and Paulo. From then on we became really close. Even tho it was the first night we met he opened up to me about many things that have happened in this life.

Once the World Cup started our contract was very brief. I didn't really know how to approach him especially because he was in another country and I didn't want to distract him or be the reason he wasn't playing his best for our country.

Argentina.

After the first few days of the World Cup Paulo had reached out to me and told me that there was a flight booked to Russia with my name on it.

Of course, I accepted his invitation. I mean how could I not? The moment I landed in Russia I went to every Argentina game. Not only to support my country but, to support Paulo and many of my friends.

I didn't leave until Argentina's devastating lost against France in the round of 16. My country, my family, the national team, Paulo and I were devastated.

After Argentina got eliminated from the World Cup nobody knew what to do with themselves. It was important for me to put all the feelings I had for Paulo aside because, in that moment I needed to be there for my family and friends.

From then on it we started talking everyday and he took me out on lots of dates before we made it official. So, yeah that's our love story.

I quickly snapped out of it and made my way back to reality. I picked up my phone and read the message from Paulo.

Paulito ❤️: Just arrived at practice I'll call you in a bit precioso.

After seeing Paulo's message I continued to get ready before I headed to my photoshoot. I washed my face and tied my hair into a ponytail.