7 - álvaro morata

"Amore mio, are you sure?"

~~~~~~

I woke up to the bright and sunny sky's of Enschede, Netherlands. We were still in Netherlands because Álvaro was competing in the UEFA Nations League. Today was the day before the Nations League Final against Croatia.

In order for Spain to advance to the final they needed to beat Italy which is where I'm from. Of course it was hard for me to pick who to support either my country or family but, I realized I needed to be there for my family and my husband.

Our three sons both support and speak fluent Italian and Spanish so me and Álvaro switch languages with them.

The Spain vs Italy match was 3 days ago which gave both teams enough time to rest and prepare for the next game. Todays mission was to finish packing Álvaro and our four children's luggage's.

"Alessandro and Leonardo come help mamma pack!" I shouted from upstairs. In the distance I could hear little footsteps approaching Álvaro and I's shared bedroom.

"I miei amori, are you excited to watch Papà's game?" I asked my twin son's. "Sì!" Alessandro shouted. "I hope Tío Marco can sign my jersey." Leonardo bluffed.

"I'm sure he will." I replied with a giggle. "Mi amor! Can you come up here?" I shouted from upstairs. Then again I heard footsteps approach but, this time they were heavier.

"Hola amor, what do you need me to do?" Álvaro asked with a smile. "I just need help closing the suitcase it keeps popping up and hitting me." I explained. "Your okay right?" Álvaro asked concerned.

"Sí." I replied with a nod. Álvaro rolled our suitcases on the floor before pressing it shut. Finally when the suitcase was shut Álvaro quickly zipped it.

"Anything else mi amor?" Álvaro asked. "I think we're okay for now." I reassured him. "How was practice?" I asked. "It was good, the team is very pumped up for tomorrow." Álvaro replied.

"I'm glad the team is good but, how are you?" I asked starring into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

"I-I'm okay I guess. I'm excited to be going into the final but, we've been here before so it's tough considering Croatia is an excellent team." Álvaro replied while sitting on the bed with his head in his hands.

I calmly made my way over to the bed and took a seat next to him. I gently took Álvaro's hand and placed a soft kiss on the back of it.

"Álvaro look at me." I said. Álvaro looked up with his watery eyes. "I want you to try your best out there tomorrow. Give it your best shot but, I want you to know that I'll always love you no matter what. So will the kids, your family and so will your country. So instead of feeling sorry for yourself, win it for us all mi amor." I reassured Álvaro.

"God, I'm so lucky that your my wife. I don't know what I would do without you." Álvaro told me. After hearing his words it immediately put a smile on my face. Within seconds later I felt a soft pair of lips crash onto mine.

As we were passionately kissing each other Álvaro placed his veiny tattooed hands on the sides of my delicate cheeks. "Te amo mi amor." Álvaro said starring into my eyes. "Te amo." I replied engulfing him with a hug making him fall over onto the bed.