Chapter 27

Hey, guys! I hope you all have been well! It's already been a busy summer. I updated last while I was in Florida, I think, and now, I'm back and enjoying peace and quiet. I hope everyone's summer is going well, let me know what you think about the book, and I would love to hear some input as to where you want to see the book end, because, unfortunately, it's coming to an end somewhat soonish. Love you guys! Please comment or Message me and tell me what you think!

PS: My boyfriend just broke up with me, so sorry if this chapter isn't up to par.

Peace and Love,

-Grace (IrishPride2016)-

Alexander's POV

My little angel had fallen asleep. Even though he was five years older than I, he was mine to take care of. I was not even bothered by the fact that I did not reach my climax. All that mattered was that I had given pleasure to the man of my dreams-the man I was going to spend the rest of eternity with. My fiancé. I could not help the ear-to-ear smile that appeared on my own face as I repeated those words over and over in my head. My fiancé.

Holy fucking shit! I'm getting married! I thought to myself. I was actually going to get married. Once I had turned, I never thought that I would ever find someone that would accept me for...the new me, the vampire me.

However, I was wrong, because Cerulean accepted me. Even though it took a few months for him to comprehend the fact that I was a vampire, I had no intention of ever hurting him. It was hard for him to digest, hell, it was hard for me to digest when I was turned. Being told that there were vampires in the world is kind of a big deal, and I was almost glad that Cerulean freaked out on me early on, so he would not freak out on me further into our relationship.

Thinking about our furthering relationship, I knew that I had to bring up what we were going to do once Cerulean and I were married. I would never ask him to turn, but I know that he had said in the past that he wanted to be turned and live out the rest of his eternal life with me. I wanted the same thing, but I needed to know whether he changed his mind or if he wanted to stay human for a couple more years. I knew it would be difficult, because we both wanted children and that would also be another obstacle Cerulean and I would have to overcome. We would have to decide if we wanted to raise our children in the same place for their childhood and give away our vampirism to the public or if we wanted to no longer have children or have children and constantly move from place to place.

However, the time to ask those would be in the future. Now, I needed to sleep with my fiancé. Work did start up the next day, after all.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I had just walked into the precinct for the first time in two weeks, and nothing had changed. It was just how I had left things, and I was happy with that. All the guys whistled at me as I walked in, as they had all heard from the Captain that I had proposed to Cerulean.

I smiled and waved at all the guys, and gave our other sniper, Jorge, a big bear hug. It is probably the hardest thing in the world to work as a sniper, and Jorge was newer to this than I was. This was both our first day back after the bank robbery, and I know Captain Paul made Jorge go to several therapy sessions. This had been Jorge's first kill, and it took a toll on him. Just looking at my partner, I could tell he lost a lot of sleep and some weight. I really hoped that he could keep himself together after these two weeks off, but he looked pretty shaky.

"Hey, man, how are you doing?" I asked Jorge, truly concerned for his wellbeing.

"Pretty awful, Alex. I don't know how you do this every day," he said, his eyes lifeless.

"I don't, man," I said, honestly, "It's not often that I have to kill too many guys. A lot of times, people can be talked out of doing something stupid like that. Have I killed people before that experience? Yes. Will I have to kill more people in the future? I hope not, but probably yes. It takes a lot out of you, and you have to remind yourself that by taking one or two maybe three lives, you're saving possible hundreds of lives depending on the situation and the person."

Jorge nodded, a bit more reassured, and we both headed to the gym. I know I had been slacking on my exercise routines, and I could tell from Jorge's skinnier frame that he had not worked out in a while, either.

We walked through the door to find Captain Paul doing some upper body weight lifting since he was still recovering from the bullet to the ass.

I hopped onto the treadmill, put one earbud in, so I could hear if any alarms went off around me, and I started running my five miles. It took me about half an hour to run those five miles, a little bit longer than I usually do, but my only workouts have consisted of raw bareback sex with my sexy little fiancé.

I moved around the gym, working on as many muscles as I could do in about an hour and a half, and the alarm went off telling us to get our asses ready and geared up.

I pulled on my uniform with my bullet proof vest, and grabbed my handgun and sniper rifle. Captain Paul was by the truck, and I got in and he began briefing us as we made our way to the threat. The threat was not just any threat, but it was a bomb threat. One of the only things that can kill a vampire, and I knew at that exact moment that I would not let myself get killed for Cerulean and our future together with our own family. I needed to keep my ass safe, and I promised myself that I was going to go home safe tonight.