Chapter 21

I just wanted to thank all of y'all for being so patient with me! Exams are over, and I am happy to report that I did not fail any of my exams. Well, here goes this chapter, I hope you guys enjoy!

--Grace--

--------------------------------------

Alexander POV

"Hey, Coral, I need to ask you something," I whispered making sure that Cerulean would not be able to hear our conversation.

"Sure, what's up?" She asked quite loudly, and I immediately shushed her. "Do you want to take this out onto the porch?"

I shoulders shrugged in a sigh of relief, and I rolled the knots out of my tensed shoulder, "Yes, please."

We walked towards the front of the gigantic beach house, and out the front door where we both took a seat in a couple of rocking chairs. The nerves wracked throughout my entire body, because this was the question. The big one. There was no point in going to Cerulean's father and asking for his blessing, because we all knew the fat "NO" that would slip from between his lips. So, I went to Coral. She truly loved Cerulean for who he was, and Coral made sure that I felt comfortable in her and Stefan's house, too.

"What did you want to talk about, Alex?" Coral asked, her perfectly manicured eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"Well," I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out, "I wanted to ask you a certain question. A question that I would usually go to your father for, but I know that there is no chance in hell that he would give me his blessing...for Cerulean's hand in marriage."

Coral looked as if she was about to burst with excitement, and before she could scream out her excitement I lunged across the porch to clamp my hand over her mouth, "Shh!" I harshly quieted her.

I slowly took my hand away from her mouth, and Coral blushed and mumbled an apology. I heard Stefan's heavy footfalls coming towards the front door.

"What's going on out here?" Stefan questioned me eyeing me up and down. He must have seen me press my hand against Coral's mouth, and he obviously came out here to see why I was practically berating his wife.

I shushed him and motioned him to close the front door to ensure our privacy. Once the door closed with a click, Coral jumped up and whisper yelled, "Alexander just asked if it would be okay with me if he asked for Cerulean's hand in marriage!"

Stefan smiled at me and nodded approvingly, "Congratulations, man."

"Thanks," I replied as I started sweating bullets, "but your wife has yet to tell me whether or not she gives me her blessing."

Coral threw her hand over her own mouth this and her cheeks turned bright red, "I'm so sorry! Oh, gosh, yes, of course I give you my blessing! Alexander, I'm so sorry, I totally just left your answer hanging in the air. I'm so sorry, gosh, I'm an idiot," Coral was rambling.

I let out a relieved chuckle, and Stefan rolled his eyes at Coral, "She kept me waiting at least twenty minutes before she asnwered when I asked her to marry me." This caused Coral to blush even harder.

"Okay, guys, let's make our way back in the house before Cerulean thinks something is up," I said to both spouses. I really didn't need Cerulean finding out that I was going to propose to him by him coming outside and overhearing my conversation with Coral and Stefan.

We all shuffled back inside, and it was impossible to keep the huge smile off of my face. We found Cerulean playing with the girls. Each one of them had a My Little Pony in their hands and the girls were screaming with delight. Their excitement was contagious, and I heard Cerulean chuckling at the girls' excitement. I saw another My Little Pony, and I picked it up and walked over to where Cerulean, Shelby, and Stephanie were located on the far side of the living room.