Chapter 10

Today was the first day I had cried since I had been bitten; however, they weren't tears of sadness, but they were tears of utter joy.  Even after having to kill two men at the bank, I hadn't been this joyous since I graduated from high school, but it all started when Cerulean burst into the station right after I was let out of the shrink's office.

"Where's Sergeant Alexander Collins?  Please, I need to see him now!"  I heard Cerulean yell at our receptionist Earline.  Earline was a veteran of the U.S. Army and was about 85 years old now.  She was the sweetest woman on this God-given earth, but she constantly tried to set me up with women trying to convince me that I could love a woman as much as I loved a man.

"Cerulean?  Baby, what are you doing here?"  Cerulean turned to my voice and he had a terrified expression plastered onto his face, and he began to sprint to me.  He jumped onto my and hugged me tightly to his chest.  I wrapped my arms around Cerulean's waist as he wrapped his legs around my own.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt at all, Alexander?"  Cerulean was blubbering like a baby as he held my head against his chest.  

I chuckled at Cerulean, "I'm fine, hun, what are you talking about?"

"Are you kidding me?!?!  The bank robbery was all over the news!  I was sitting at my desk grading papers when I decided to look up the weather on the computer and there was a picture of you with blood on your hands at a bank robbery that had hostages!"  Cerulean was running on and on about how worried he was about me.  "Why were your hands all bloody, Alex?  Are you sure you're not hurt?"

"Kitten, I'm fine.  I was just doing my job today.  The team had to kill four men today, and I killed two of them.  I'm a bit shaken up and definitely depressed that we couldn't keep everyone alive, but we're taught to shoot to kill not injure."

I let Cerulean down on the ground and lifted his chin up so he was looking into my eyes.  "Thank you for being so perfect, Cerulean.  I know that we've only been together for a few months, but baby, I love you so much.  I don't know how we're going to work out the whole human/vampire relationship, but you're my soul mate, Kitten.  I'm not going away until you send me away."

Tears filled in Cerulean's eyes and he whispered, "I love you, too, Alex.  So much it hurts."  I leaned down and captured Cerulean's soft luscious lips with my own.  The kiss didn't grow in passion, but they expressed every feeling possible.  Love, happiness, a little bit of lust, joy, and Cerulean seemed to have a little bit of anger in the kisses, yet they were all small kisses.

I heard someone behind Cerulean clear his throat, and I looked up to find Paul half-smiling half-scowling at me and Cerulean's PDA.

"So, Collins, who's the little one?"  Paul asked, and I could see Cerulean inwardly cringe at being called "little one".

I smiled at Paul, "Hey, Cap, this is my beautiful boyfriend, Cerulean Bellini."

Cap smiled at Cerulean and he visibly relaxed under Paul's scrutiny, "So, you're the man that has been filling my sergeant's mind all day every day."

"I'm s-sorry, s-sir," Cerulean looked genuinely frightened of Paul, and I actually hissed at Paul feeling extremely protective of my handsome Cerulean.  Woah, did I really just hiss at Paul?  Geez, I'm more of a vampire than I even thought I was, I thought to myself.

"Paul Schafer, shut your no good mouth up this instant!"  Everyone heard Sheila yell at Paul, and a few guys chuckled under their breath as Paul threw his hands in the air in defeat.

"I'm so sorry, Alex.  Anyways, you said this was your boyfriend?"  She asked me.  After I nodded my head in affirmative, Sheila turned toward Cerulean, "Hi, I'm Sheila Schafer, this dick's wife over here," she pointed to Paul who just rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around Sheila's torso to cradle his unborn baby.