Chapter 29

Cerulean POV
No news. None. No news was good news, though, right? Wrong. No news in a hospital when your fiancé is in surgery isn't good news at all, and boy did I know it.

I couldn't stop pacing, I couldn't stop worrying. I could barely remember how to breathe. The feeling that someone gets when they get the wind knocked out of them, that's the feeling I have, but I've had that feeling for the past six hours since Alexander went into surgery.

The good news was that he was still alive, because the doctors would have to come out and tell me if he died. That was the only hope I could hold on to. The fact that Alexander wasn't dead.

God, I never imagined hearing myself say or think that. I knew his job was dangerous, but he's a fucking vampire for Pete's sake! He's supposed to live forever. Not until he was just in his early twenties. It wouldn't be fair. He deserved to have as much of a life as possible. He didn't deserve to die.

Alexander POV

The pain was excruciating, I had doctors and nurses all around me yelling orders to get me into the OR now.  I was scared.  I couldn't die.  I didn't want to die.  I wanted to stay on this Earth with Cerulean.  I wanted to marry him and have children with him.  I didn't want this.

I had one doctor tell me that they couldn't reattach my leg, but that made no difference to me.  If I was alive, I would be fine, and I could deal with the consequences later.  I just needed to be there for Cerulean.

I just wanted to comfort Cerulean and tell him that I was going to be just fine.  I just wanted to tell him that I loved him, but I couldn't think anymore.  I couldn't feel anymore.  I knew I was beginning to pass out.  I just hoped that I would wake up again.

Cerulean POV

Alexander's surgeon walked out into the waiting room, and I jumped out of my seat to go see him.  "Doctor Stevens, is he alright?  Please, please tell me he is okay."

Dr. Stevens smiled at me, and I knew he was okay.  I broke.  The tears that I had been holding in came rushing out.  I fell onto my knees and sobbed harshly and loudly whispering out thank you's in between my sobs.

Dr. Stevens knelled down next to me, and she placed a comforting hand onto my back, "He is going to be fine.  He woke up for just a minute earlier, but he fell back asleep.  He is stable and breathing on his own; however, we could not reattach his leg.  It wasn't a clean enough cut, but he will be okay.  He is in the ICU only because he was in such bad shape.  He doesn't look pretty, but would you like to see him before he wakes up, so you are next to Sergeant Collins when he wakes up?"

I simply nodded.  I had no words, just continued to weep and followed Dr. Stevens.  We got onto the elevator, and I managed to get my tears under control.  She led me to Alexander's room, and there he was in the middle of the room-bruised and battered-alive.  His face was black and purple, and he had one eye completely swollen shut.  He only had a small oxygen mask to ensure that he was getting enough oxygen, but he was alive.  That's all I cared about at that moment.  He was alive.

His leg ended right below the knee, and it was completely wrapped up.  He had tubes coming out of his legs which looked like drainage tubes to ensure that he did not get any infections from the surgery or the shrapnel.  His head was wrapped up as well, because some shrapnel went through his helmet and cut his head, but it was nothing a few stitches could take care of.  He still looked beautiful, though.  I would never be disgusted by the way he looked even when he was this battered and bruised.  He was my fiance, and I would love him for forever.

--------------------------------

It had been three days, and he had woken up a few times wanting some water or to talk to me for a bit.  He was on morphine at all times, and that kept him pretty much sedated the entire time.  On the third day, the nurse came in and reduced the amount of morphine, because his leg was healing up very well which was a given since Alexander was not human anymore.  The skin was quickly growing together, and in about two weeks he would be able to get the stitches out of his leg.  Dr. Stevens had a nurse remove his stitches in his head earlier in the day, because his head was completely healed.

I was excited to talk to him today, because we had not had a real conversation since before the bombing.  All I wanted to tell him was how much I loved him, and to not worry, because I was going to take amazing care of him.  I was going to wait on his hand and foot and make sure he got all better and could do everything he wanted to do in life.  I would make sure that he would be able to walk, to run, to be a father, and to be able to just climb mountains.

------------------------

It was about two hours later when Alexander woke up.  I jumped up from my chair and got him his water to sip on, but he knocked the water out of my hand.

"Baby, what's wrong?  Are you in pain?" I asked frantically.

He just shook his head and mouthed two words, "Kiss.  Me."  And that's exactly what I did.  I leaned down and kissed him softly but passionately.  Alexander was not too thrilled about the kiss being soft.  He wrapped his hand around my head and pulled me closer.  I giggled at him and had to control myself from getting aroused.  I had gone much longer than usual without any sexual contact with Alexander, and my body was feeling this.

"I love you so much, Alexander," I whispered to him.

"I love you, too," he mouthed back.

"Do you want some water now?"  I asked, and he nodded.  I filled a cup back up with cold water from the sink and placed a straw in it.  He slowly sipped on the water and winked at me.

"You're in a great mood, baby,"  I said to him.

"How could I not be?  This was pretty much the ultimate test for you.  I was shot, and I lost my leg, but you stayed beside me the whole time.  I cannot wait to marry you," Alex got out with a raspy voice.  "Plus, I'm really horny right now."

I glanced down towards his navel under the blanket, and I could see the tent under his blanket.  "Oh, baby."  I felt awful for his, because I knew that I couldn't help him, because he had a catheter in.

"Please, baby?"  He asked me with a smile on his face.

I giggled at him, "Baby, I would, but I can't.  You have a catheter in."

His smile was immediately replaced with a pout.  I simply leaned down and kissed his lips.

"Soon,"  I whispered, "I promise.  Once that catheter's out, I'm going to give you the best blowjob you have ever had."

"Awe, fuck, I'm so hard it hurts, baby."

"I know, I know, Alex, but it will be okay, I promise."

"I love you, Cerulean."

I love you, too, Alexander."