Chapter 2 (Edited)

I walked back to my apartment with a smile plastered on my face. Cerulean was a beautiful man inside and out. He was an art and English professor at NYU.  He wrote poetry, and if he was born a couple hundred years ago, he would be married to Van Gough. I laughed at that, because we both knew Van Gough was straight. He did cut off his ear and mailed it to his girlfriend.

I told him that I worked as a SWAT officer, and he told me how anti-war he was. I immediately told him that I was not going to get into the pros and cons of war, so we dropped it. He made two cups of tea, and we sat on his couch and talked all night. The subjects of conversation varied from how our family reacted to us being gay and when we discovered we were gay, to what our favorite drink was.

Cerulean's family was strict Catholic, and he was exiled from his family when he turned eighteen. I shared with him how my family wasn't religious at all, but they didn't accept me being gay, either. My mom made me promise never to tell anyone that I was gay (I didn't listen to her). My father refuses to acknowledge my existence even to this day. That was why I left Nashville to move to Manhattan.

Cerulean gave me a tour of his apartment, and his bedroom had cream walls with quotes written all over the walls in black paint. My favorite quote was, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" from the wonderful Dr. Seuss. Cerulean was an artist in every form of the word. He was so incredibly beautiful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reclining in the chair in my apartment watching the Giants football in nothing but a pair of sweatpants that were low on my hips on a Sunday afternoon was my favorite past time. I had a Bud Light in my right hand, and the tv remote in my left. The Giants were losing to the Packers 14-3. I was throwing out expletives just like every other New Yorker was right now.

The Packers scored another touchdown. "Dammit!" I yelled at the t.v. "You fucking homophobes!"

About thirty seconds later, a knock sounded on my apartment door. I ignored it, thinking the person would leave, but the knock sounded again; this time, more insistant.

"Kelli, get the door!" I yelled out to Kelli.

"I can't, I'm in the shower!"

The knock repeated once again, "I'm coming!" I yelled to the door.

I opened up the door, and there stood a nervous looking Cerulean. "Are you alright, Alex?" he asked, hesitantly.

My brows furrowed in confusion, "Yeah, fine. Why?"

His face physically relaxed in relief, "I heard you yelling, and I thought you might have hurt yourself badly." Cerulean had paint all over his clothes, and he looked adorable as he rambled on awkwardly.

I blushed slightly at the fact that he heard me yelling at the t.v., "I was actually just yelling at the t.v. The Giants are playing, and they are losing big time. I'm not too happy about it." I ran my fingers through my hair, and I felt exposed as I stood there in only sweats.

Cerulean laughed at my competitiveness, "Wow, are you sure you're gay?" He raised his eyebrows in curiosity.

I laughed at his question, "I am most definitely gay. Vaginas creep me out." Cerulean and I both laughed at that, and I invited him inside my apartment.

"It's nothing like yours," I paused running my hand over the glass dining room table, "but, it's home."

"Alex, who was at the-" Kelli said walking. Kelli immediately stopped walking seeing an extremely attracted man in our living/dining room.

"Kelli, this is Cerulean. He's our new neighbor. Cerulean this is my cousin and roomate Kelli," I introduced the two of them. Cerulean's face physically relaxed after I told him Kelli was my cousin.

"It's nice to meet you, Kelli," Cerulean said shaking her hand.

Kelli smiled at him, "It was great to meet you, too, but I've got to get to work. My ass is already on the line, and I really don't need to get fired from my new job." Kelli grabbed her handbag and rushed out the door yelling behind her, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do, Alex!"

I slightly blushed at her babying me, and I started towards our wine rack, "Would you like a glass of wine? You looked a bit flustered when you came in."

Cerulean's cheeks flushed a light pink, and he rubbed his hand rubbed the back of his neck. "I really would love to have a drink with you, Alex, but I have to grade these tests back at my apartment-"

"Why don't I help you? We could share the answer key, and I could help you grade them," I offered. I didn't want this god to leave my apartment for one nano-second.

"Well-"

"Come on," I said, nudging his shoulder, "it'll be fun. We can put on some soft music, grade, and talk some more. I promise I won't cheat for anyone; scout's honor." I held up three fingers and put my hand over my heart.

Cerulean's mouth tipped at the right corner of his mouth, and oh my God! That mouth of his, those light pink plump lips, how I wanted to suckle and nibble on them so badly. I could only imagine the deliciously devilish things he could do with that mouth of his. A tingle rippled through my navel and into my groin. I felt my face and neck flush as my body reacted to his teasing lips.

I mentally slapped myself as I heard Cerulean answer with a big fat 'yes'. As he left to grab the papers, I got two wine glasses and poured some red wine. Red is what'll get you laid, white is what'll get you to sleep. I poured a generous amount of Merlot into both our cups and set them on the coffee table in the living room. I turned the t.v. to a soft blues station, and I fluffed the pillows a bit. I wanted this night to be perfect.