Going Shawshank

Neyzira, Peter, Gamora, Rocket, and Groot sat at a table the following morning with trays of food.

"If we're gonna get out of here, we're gonna need to get into that watchtower. And to do that, I'm gonna need a few things." Rocket explained to them. "The guards wear security bands to control their ins and outs. I need one."

"Leave it to me." Gamora said.

Rocket pointed to someone walking by with a cybernetic leg. "That dude, there. I need his prosthetic leg."

"His leg?" Peter questioned.

"Yeah. God knows I don't need the rest of him. Look at him, he's useless." Rocket then turned to Neyzira. "This is where I might need your help. You can climb, right?"

"Yes, very easy."

"Right, you see on the wall back there is a black panel? With the blinky yellow light." He pointed to the watchtower. "Do you see it?" She nodded again. "There's a quarnyx battery behind it. Purplish box, green wires. To get into that watchtower, I definitely need it." They all turned back to each other, not seeing Groot walk over to the box.

"How I meant to do that?" Neyzira asked, Groot began to mess around with the box to get to the battery.

"Hey, you said those ladies found you cute and funny. So, maybe you can work something out." Drax had began to watch Groot as he ripped the box, it hitting some guy in the head.

"Look, it's twenty feet up in the air, and it's in the middle of the most heavily-guarded part of the prison." Peter explained, Groot was pulling the battery out. "It's impossible to get up there without being seen."

"I got one plan, and that plan requires a frickin' quarnyx battery, so figure it out!" Rocket yelled, Neyzira flinched a bit with a jump.

"Can I get back to it?" Rocket asked, they nodded. "Thanks. Now, this is important. Once the battery is removed, everything is gonna slam into emergency mode. Once we have it, we gotta move quickly, so you definitely need to get that last." Everyone jumped a bit as the alarm went off, they all turned to see Groot had already pulled out the battery, a wide and proud smile on his face. "Or we could just get it first and improvise!"

"I'll get the armband." Gamora said, going to leave.

"Leg." Peter left as well.

"I make sure furry one make it." Neyzira shrugged, with a small flick of her wrist, her nails grew into long, sharp claws.

Multiple drones descended, all focused on Groot. "Prisoner, drop the device immediately and retreat to your cell, or we will open fire."

Groot began to grow multiple, uneven branches, ready to fight. "I . . . AM . . . GROOOOT!"

Neyzira shielded her eyes from the sparks as the robots opened fire on the angered tree before he slammed them away into the wall. Neyzira cracked her neck before she rushed after Rocket, the small creature dodging the shots the sentinels shot with ease. She watched Rocket roll on the ground and she quickly grabbed his collar, placing him down behind her when a guard stopped them.

Rocket was about to warn her, but with a loud growl and the reveal of her razor-sharp teeth, she leapt straight at the guard, tackling him to the floor as he let out a shout. Rocket stared in disgust and discomfort as she finished, standing back up and licking the blood left all over her teeth and wiping the blood off her mouth with the bottom of her loose shirt.

"Okay, I'll admit, that was horrific but awesome." Rocket said as they reached Groot.

Neyzira happily smiled. "Thanks." She said as she watched Rocket climb up Groot's body until he was seated on his shoulder for a better vantage point.