New Avengers in Hi-Fi

As the Benatar landed on Titan, all the Guardians got off.

"What's that?" Neyzira asked. She pointed to a large, circle-shaped spaceship that was crashed. It looked like a ship belonging to Thanos, so they went over immediately. As they entered, Peter was in front of everyone. He stopped for a moment after hearing some voices. He motioned to everyone to tell them to stop moving as they peeked around a corner and listened in.

"You alright?" A man's voice spoke. "That was close. I owe you one."

Peter signaled for them to start moving again. Peter got his guns out as Neyzira unsheathed her nails to be longer. They started to get closer and closer and heard another voice, someone who sounded too young to be there.

"Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something . . . and I end up eating you, I'm sorry."

"I don't wanna hear another single pop culture out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?" The man from earlier replied.

While everyone kept moving, they looked and saw three people; a young boy in a red and blue suit hanging from the ceiling like a spider, an older man in a red suit made of iron, and another man with a red cape and glowing green necklace.

"I'm trying to say that something is coming." The spider said. While Peter, Mantis, and Drax made an entrance, Neyzira started to dig her nails into the ceiling to climb her way up, using sheer strength to make her way up through the wall to the ceiling.

The red cape from one of the older men flew at Drax's face and whipped him around. Peter pinned the other man to the wall with a magnetic disc. Neyzira was almost at the ceiling as Mantis continued to crawl toward the spider.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Please don't put your eggs in me!" He yelled. The boy webbed Mantis' arms to her body with webs.

Neyzira jumped down from the ceiling, landing on the spider. She raised her arm, less of an intent to kill and more of an intent to injure. "Prepare to be Sleepy Hallow'd." She threatened.

"You prepare to be Revenge of the Sith'd!"

Neyzira's guard went down a bit as she furrowed her brows. "To be what—?" The spider punched her square in the face, much to her shock and causing her to fall back off of him as she held her nose. Neyzira didn't get the reference because she only knew of movies and stories that Peter told her about from his youth.

The man in iron fired a blast from his suit at Neyzira as the spider got up and extended his spider legs to jump at her, but Peter threw an electric cord that wrapped around the spider, knocking him to the ground. Neyzira didn't see the blast from the man in iron coming toward her and was thrown back into the ground, knocking the air out of her.

"Die, blanket of death!" Drax yelled as he struggled to fight a cape that came from the man with the green necklace.

The man in iron pulled free of the magnet that Peter threw at him. They all pulled whatever weapons on each other. Peter had the spider in a headlock, while the man in iron immediately placed one foot on Neyzira to keep her down on the ground while he aimed his blaster at her. The other man with the necklace stood ready, near Mantis who was still wrapped up in webs, while Drax was still trapped in the cape.

"Everybody stay where you are, chill the 'ef out!" Peter said, still holding onto the spider while using his other arm to aim his gun at the other two strangers. "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?"

"Yeah, I'll do you one better." The man in iron spoke, retracting his mask. "Who's Gamora?"

"I'll do you one better! Why is Gamora?" Drax replied, very seriously.

"We're missing the main question . . ." Neyzira grunted, still under the man in iron. "How is Gamora?" She sighed. "Guys, I'm really worried about—"

"You shut up," the man in iron stopped her.

"Tell me where the girl is, or I swear to you, I'm gonna french fry this little freak." Peter said, now aiming his gun at the spider's head.

"Let's do it! You shoot my guy, I blast her!" The man in iron threatened, extending his nanotech gun and aiming it at Neyzira, who still remained on the ground.

"Do it, Quill!" Drax told him. "She can take it."

"No, she can't take it!" Mantis jumped.

"She's right. She can't." The man with the necklace confirmed.

"Stop, stop, stop! I'm just a dumb kid!" Neyzira yelled with false pleading, trying to get up to no avail. "I just wanted to be part of something." She lied, the rest of her team taken aback by how good she was at it.

"Yeah, we got one on our side, too." The man in iron said, blaster still aimed. "Call it even."

"I'm only fifteen." Neyzira lied.

"I was buying it until that." The man in the necklace murmured.

"Oh yeah? You don't wanna tell me where she is?" Peter questioned. "That's fine. I'll kill all three of you and beat it out of Thanos myself. Starting with this guy!" He threatened, putting his gun to the spider's head.

"Wait, what, Thanos?" The man with the necklace asked. "Alright, let me ask you this one time. What master do you serve?"

Peter gave him a confused look. "What master do I serve? What am I supposed to say? Jesus?" They all paused for a moment, realization slowly seeping in.

"You're from Earth." The man in iron said.

"I'm not from Earth. I'm from Missouri."

"Yeah, that's on Earth dipshit. What are you hassling us for?!"

"So you're not with Thanos?" The spider asked.

Peter's face dropped into confusion and disgust. "With Thanos?" He scoffed. "No, I'm here to kill Thanos. He took my girl— wait a second, who are you?"

The spider's helmet mask disappeared to reveal the teenage boy under. "We're the Avengers, man."

"Oh," Peter sighed, letting go of him as the man in iron stepped off Neyzira.

"You're the ones Thor told us about." Mantis said, still trying to hop out of the webs.

"You know Thor?" The man in iron asked as Neyzira got up and stood next to him, brushing herself off.

"Yeah." Peter said, rolling his eyes. "Tall guy, not that good-looking, needed saving."

"Where is he now?" The man in iron asked.

𝙁𝘼𝙉𝙂𝙎 - 𝑮𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒙𝒚On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara