An Offer You Can't Reduce

Nebula sat across from Tony and Neyzira at the table as the three resided in the Benatar. Tony was teaching Nebula how to play paper football as he had a folded triangular paper and flicked it, though Nebula kept trying to grab it instead of making her hands into the shape of a goal post.

"You don't need to do that, because you're just holding the position." Tony instructed as he showed her how to do it, Neyzira watched closely with a small smile. "Come on." He said. Nebula took the paper and flicked it but just hit the side of his finger. "That was close." He handed her the paper and then set his hands back up. She flicked it and it hit the middle. "That's a goal. We're now one a-piece."

"I would like to try again." Nebula said, Tony nodded and the two rotated and played against each other for awhile.

"Now you have a chance to win." Tony said to Nebula, sometime later. She leaned forward and flicked her football, it went over Tony's goal post. "And you won. Congratulations." Tony said to Nebula, who sat up straighter in shock. "Fair game. Good sport." Tony said as he held his hand out to her, she firmly shook.

"It was fun." Nebula replied.

It had been twenty-two days since the three of them left Titan and tried to make their way back to Earth. So the three were flying through space until the ship recently ran out of gas. And now the food was out since Neyzira and Nebula gave the last bit of food to Tony, who needed it the most as he had gotten an infection. Oxygen was also about to go out. The three of them tried to repair the ship as best as they could, but it still didn't help.

Neyzira now sat in her room up on her bed, her Polaroid next to her with numerous pictures. Neyzira looked through the pictures with tears burning her eyes. A lot of the pictures were taken without Gamora's permission, which was clear by her annoyance in the images, making Neyzira laugh. But that laugh quickly turned into cries when she realized just about all her friends were gone, and there was a strong chance she couldn't get them back.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

Eventually, Carol was able to bring the Benatar back to Earth as she carried the ship and landed it right in front of Avengers Headquarters, where Rocket, Rhodey, Steve, Pepper, Natasha, and Bruce ran out.

The hatch of the plane opened with Neyzira and Nebula helping carry Tony out, Steve ran over to the ship to meet up with Tony. "I couldn't stop him." Tony said to Steve once the two aliens helped him walk out of the ship.

"Neither could I." Steve replied.

"I lost the kid."

"Tony . . . we lost." Steve told him, Tony gave a slight nod until Pepper ran up to him.

"Oh, my God!" She cried, the two hugged each other. Pepper cried into his shoulder as he kissed the side of her head and the two walked away, Steve following them.

Rocket silently approached Neyzira and Nebula, the three took in the fact that they were all that was left and silently sat down.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

"It's been twenty-three days since Thanos came to Earth." Steve informed everyone. It was the next morning and everyone was gathered around in the main living area of Avengers Headquarters, looking at a hologram projection of the people who were dusted away.

Neyzira was currently eating raw steak off a plate while looking over the hologrammed pictures. "World governments are in pieces." Natasha explained to the group. "The parts that are still working are trying to take a census, and it looks like he did . . . he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out . . . fifty percent of all living creatures."