Caught in High-Exposition

Later, the Guardians stood around Thor, who sat with a blanket over him. Neyzira walked over and handed him a bowl of soup after he finished summarizing everything to them. "Thank you." He said, she just lightly nodded.

"The entire time I knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal: To bring balance to the Universe by wiping out half of all life." Gamora explained. "He used to kill people planet by planet, massacre by massacre . . ."

"Including my own." Drax sadly muttered.

"If he gets all six Infinity Stones, he can do it with the snap of his fingers, like this." Gamora snapped her fingers, causing Neyzira to get chills and quickly shake her head for a moment.

"You seem to know a great deal about Thanos." Thor told Gamora.

"Gamora . . . is the daughter of Thanos." Drax told him.

Thor placed down his soup and stood up, approaching her. "Your father killed my brother."

"Oh, boy." Peter muttered, nervously. "Stepfather. Technically, she hates him as much as you do." He said to Thor as he got up.

Thor softened, placing a hand on Gamora's shoulder. "Family can be tough. Look. Before my father died, he told me I had a half-sister . . . that he imprisoned in Hel." Thor explained, Neyzira could not have looked more confused. "Then she returned home, and stabbed me in the eye," Neyzira's jaw dropped. "So . . . I had to kill her." Neyzira turned to Rocket with an 'are you hearing this?' look, as to which he nodded. "It's life, isn't it, I guess. Goes round and round and . . . I feel your pain."

"And I feel your pain a lot, as well." Peter began, Neyzira sighed at where this was going, picking up the bowl of soup and wiping away the forming ring mark. "I mean it's not a competition, but I've been through a lot. My father killed my mother, then I had to kill my father. And that was hard. Probably even harder than having to kill a sister. Plus, I came out with both of my eyes."

Neyzira shot Peter a 'what are you doing?!' look before turning back to Thor. "Point is, it's fine. Nobody's family is perfect, nobody is perfect." She tried to politely smile. "I mean, I'm weird and collect seashells. Your sister . . . levels armies and murders innocent people. . . . So, everybody's got their quirks, you know?" She was clearly trying to make him feel better about everything, but it was definitely not working. She lifted the bowl toward him. "You want your soup back, or . . ?"

"I need a hammer, not a spoon." He walked away from everyone and over to a panel and started typing in the code to open the hatch. "How do I open this thing? Is there some sort of a four-digit code maybe . . . maybe a birth date or something . . ." he muttered as he looked around the compartment, typing in some random numbers on a number panel.

"It's my birthday!" Neyzira happily exclaimed, they all quickly gave her a look. "I-I set it myself . . . and it's also the day we became a team, so . . ." she explained, still holding the soup like she was waiting for someone to take it from her.

"What are you doing?" Rocket asked Thor.

"Taking your pod." Thor replied as he continued pushing random numbers.

Peter walked up to him and cleared his throat. "No, you're not!" He spoke in a deep voice resembling Thor's, everyone gave him weird looks. Thor looked over at Peter in confusion as Peter continued with the voice. "You'll not be taking our pod today, sir."

"Quill. Are you making your voice deeper?" Rocket asked him.

Peter stood there for a moment. "No."

"You are. You're imitating the god-man." Drax said. "It's weird."

"No I'm not." Peter said in the same deep voice.

"He just did it again!" Mantis gasped as she pointed at him.