E.T: No Phoning Home

Nebula held the file orb in her hand as it played a hologram of the scientists operating on Rocket. "Start the incision here." The female scientist said and they started the work and the little Rocket cried out in pain.

Everyone gasped in horror while Mantis started to cry. "Keep calm." The female scientist said as they continues to operate. "Hold it still."

"I can't! It won't stop moving." The male scientist said, Peter turned his head away from this and Neyzira actually grimaced at a form of violence, something she never did due to her desynthetized nature.

"Why did he never tell us about any of this?" Mantis tearfully asked.

"This is worse than what Thanos did to me." Nebula said, her eyes filling with tears. Gamora looked at her then looked away.

"Well, what about the passkey? Is it there?" Peter asked Nebula.

Nebula ended the video hologram then went through files. "No. But a file was removed today. Downloaded and deleted, a million characters in length. The biometrics say it was this man. Recorder B2H6." Nebula said as a hologram picture of a short, round man appeared. Peter's eyes widened, recognizing him.

"I saw this guy outside of records today!" Peter said and Groot hummed.

Gamora stepped forward to read the information. "Looks like one of the High Evolutionary's recorders." She said.

"The High Evolutionary? The founder of OrgoCorp?" Mantis asked, confused once she recognized the name.

"Yeah, that dick." Neyzira nodded.

"OrgoCorp is just a way to fund his experiments that lie outside intergalactic laws." Gamora explained. "He's created whole societies. Xeronians, the Ani-Men, the Sovereign."

"Wait, he's got the Sovereign too?" Neyzira asked in disbelief, Gamora nodded. "That explains the beautiful golden man." Neyzira whispered to herself.

"Corners of the universe consider him God." Gamora said, Mantis turned away.

"I am Groot." Groot said.

"Yes." Nebula replied as Peter nodded.

"Yes, what? That he's Groot?" Gamora was confused.

"He said maybe this man downloaded the passkey into the computer on his head." Nebula replied as she pointed out the cybernetic device on the side of the man's head.

Gamora looked up at Groot. "Huh?" She asked as Nebula zoomed in on the man's head.

"That could store the passkey." Nebula suggested.

"We find him, we save Rocket." Peter said, determined, as Mantis typed away on the computer nearby.

"The High Evolutionary's coordinates." Mantis called out as she pointed to her screen, everyone looked at her.

"Put the coordinates in the nav." Peter told Nebula, who shut the orb off and started to leave.

"Wait a minute." Gamora said as Peter walked forward, Drax and Neyzira right behind him. "Are you kidding me? What he wants is that gutted badger in the Med-Bay, and you're gonna bring it straight to him?!" Gamora asked them as she followed them to the main deck. "It's almost certainly a trap." Gamora yelled.

"Trap isn't a trap if you know the trap is trying to trap you. It's a face-off." Peter explained.

"A face-off is a trap if you're facing off against a guy a thousand times more powerful than you!" Gamora shouted.

"Trap is my middle name." Neyzira cockily replied with a smirk as they went go put in the coordinates.

"Do you know who the High Evolutionary is?" Gamora angrily asked.