Bitterness Kills... Bitterally

Peter and Ego began to fly around and crash into rock walls. Peter took a chunk of rock and began to bash in Ego's face with it as he slammed him against the wall.

Rocket and Yondu were able to break out of their restraints as Neyzira suddenly ran back in, completely out of breath and holding the side of her stomach as she slightly slouched forward.

Rocket flew up toward the cave he left Groot in as Yondu walked over to Neyzira. "You alright, girlie?" He asked her.

Neyzira shook her head as she continued to try and catch her breath. "That dick slashed my stomach open." She removed her arm and Yondu grimaced at the burn mark sliced across her shirt, exposing a bleeding and partially burnt cut on her stomach.

"Yondu, Neyzira, we're about to blow!" Rocket shouted at the two.

"Get to the ship!" Yondu shouted back before turning to Neyzira. "You too!"

"Not without Quill!" Rocket shouted at him, Neyzira nodded.

"You're injured." Yondu gestured to Neyzira, then turning to Rocket. "And you need to take care of the twig!"

"Not without you!" Rocket yelled.

"I ain't done nothin' right my whole damn life. You need to give me this." Yondu said as he shook his head.

Rocket digged in his belt and pulled out two devices. "A spacesuit and an aero-rig. I only have one of each." He said.

Yondu took the devices and nodded at him. Her and Rocket stared at Yondu with sadness as Neyzira turned around and ran to start scaling the wall, meanwhile Rocket started to float up with Groot. "I am Groot."

"What's that?" Yondu asked, loudly.

"He said, "Welcome to the frickin' Guardians of the Galaxy." . . . Only he didn't use frickin'." Rocket replied as Yondu gave a small smile and nodded again.

"Bye, twig." He said.

Rocket and Groot took off. "We're gonna need to have a real discussion about your language." Rocket told Groot as the two flew away.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

While Peter and Ego continued to fight, back at the ship, Gamora was tending to Mantis when she looked up to see Neyzira climb out from the cave and sprint over, Rocket flying in close behind. "She needs help." Rocket said, referring to Neyzira.

Gamora went over to her and saw the burn and scratch on her stomach, the looking back over to Rocket. "Where's Peter?" None of them answered as she continued to stare. "Where is he?!" She asked again. Groot pointed out towards the planet and Gamora went to grab a blaster. "We're not leaving without him." She said.

Before she could leave, but Rocket shot her with his gun, electroshocking her to the floor. "I'm sorry. I can only afford to lose one friend today." Rocket said with tears in his eyes. "Kraglin, go!"

"Rocket! Where's Quill? Where's Quill? Rocket!" Drax screamed as Kraglin steered the ship out of the planet and the hatch door shut.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

Back at the core, Peter and Ego got up on their knees but Peter began to punch Ego in the face, knocking him down. Ego tried to leave but Peter held him down. "No, we need to stop it. Stop. Stop. Listen to me!" Ego said as he and Peter struggled. Ego placed his hands on Peter's shoulder. "You are a god. If you kill me . . . you'll be just like everybody else."

Peter stared at him. "What's so wrong with that?"

"NO!" Ego shouted, fearfully, as the bomb went off.

And then Ego started to melt and deteriorate right in front of Peter. Peter looked down at his hands, which were glowing but then they slowly disappeared. Peter looked around at the destruction and realized he had no way of getting out. He sat there on his knees, waiting for death, when Yondu flew toward him and grabbed him.

The two flew out of the core and out into the surface of the planet but they kept going up into the air to get out of the planet. "He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy." Yondu told Peter, who just stared. I'm sorry I didn't do none of it right. I'm damn lucky you're my boy." Yondu put the spacesuit on Peter.

"What?" Peter whispered, confused.

Yondu smiled at him as they made it out of the planet, which was crumbling under them. "Yondu, what are you doing? You can't!" Peter started to say as he realized what Yondu was doing. "Yondu!"

Yondu's jetpack shuttered and stop[ed as the two floated there. "No! No!" Peter yelled as he tried to take the suit off of him but he couldn't. "Oh! Aww . . . no! No! Oh, no!" Peter shouted as Yondu placed his hands on Peter's face and patted it lightly before he froze and died. Peter began to cry as the ship came around to pick them up.