Crate Invaders

As the ship reached the center of Ego's planet, Yondu turned his head to Peter. "Tell me why Ego wants you here?"

"He needs my genetic connection to the light to help destroy the universe. He tried to teach me how to control the power." Peter replied.

"So, could you?" Yondu asked him.

"A little. . . . I made a ball." Peter replied, shrugging.

"A ball?!" Yondu asked in confusion and judgement.

"I thought as hard as I could. It was all that I could come up with." Peter defensively replied.

"You thought? You think when I make this arrow fly, I use my head?" Yondu questioned.

Before Peter could answer, Mantis spoke up and pointed towards a large, red, slimey looking ball. "That's Ego's core." She said.

Neyzira giggled and clapped her hands, pointing at the core as well. "It looks like a meatball!" She exclaimed, making Drax laugh.

"That core is thick, Rocket." Gamora told Rocket.

"I got it covered. Keep it steady." Rocket said, he started up the laser gun and fired at the core.

"We drill into the center, we kill him!" Peter shouted as Rocket continued to drill the laser in closer.

"Captain?" A voice said through the speaker.

"What is it, Kraglin?" Yondu asked.

"Hey, remember that Ayesha chick?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Uh . . ."

Peter and Yondu looked to their right and saw what looked like to be the entire Sovereign army fleet coming toward them.

"Oh, hell!" Yondu shouted as Peter jerked the wheel to steer the ship away from the core to get away from the fleet, who began to fire. The sudden shake turn caused everyone inside the ship to stumble.

Suddenly, the lasers shut down as they were shot at, knocking Mantis, Drax, Gamora out. Groot also lost his grip and fell, making Neyzira immediately leap forward and grab him with both hands, them both now falling.

Gamora, Mantis, and Drax all landed on their feet, but Neyzira came down with Groot still on her hands and landed right on Drax, knocking him down.

Neyzira groaned in pain and readjusted herself while placing Groot down carefully, then seeing she basically crushed Drax. She loudly gasped. "I am so sorry!" She stood up straight and he slowly did after.

"He's coming." Mantis said, looking at the approaching, large, glowing, bright blue cloud of energy.

Drax turned to Mantis. "Didn't you say you could make him sleep?"

"When he wants. He's too powerful. I can't!"

"You don't have to believe in yourself . . . because I believe in you."

Mantis hesitated for a moment before dropping down and sticking her hand between a crack in the ground. "SLEEP!"

The others stared in shock, especially Drax. "I never thought she'd be able to do it, with as weak and skinny as she appears to be."

"I don't know how long I can hold him!"

Neyzira turned to her teammates. "I'll deal with whatever ships I can." Gamora and Drax gave her nods as she sprinted toward the core's wall. She dug her nails in and climbed up before jumping onto one of the fleet's ships, punching and ripping at it until it stopped working and then moving onto the next one, nobody able to shoot at her without taking down their own fellow ships.