Stark Raving Sad

Somewhere on the battlefield, Peter Quill shot away a Chitaurian soldier before he was knocked to the ground by a kick from behind. Peter rolled back and turned to see it was Proxima Midnight.

Proxima Midnight raised her spear and just as she was about to bring it down on Peter, it was kicked out of her hands.

Before Proxima Midnight could get a real look at the person, they jumped onto her shoulders from behind and squatted down with both feet planted. Peter just watched in shock and discomfort as the person gripped around the bottom of Proxima Midnight's head, digging their nails in through her jaw as they tugged. Proxima stumbled backward a bit while still remaining to stand as the person continued to pull.

"Holy shit!" Peter yelled before Proxima Midnight's head was torn right off her body. The person jumped off the now-corpse's shoulders as the body fell to its knees and to the ground. The person holding the head started to eat at the face, going until it was mainly just bone and hair, throwing the head off to the side.

Peter raised a brow as the person approached him, slowly standing back up. "Neyzira?"

Neyzira widely smiled after wiping her face and licking whatever was left, despite the different shades of alien blood all over her hands. "Peter?!" She shouted, still being a bit far. She started to sprint over, speed picking up.

"Yeah— yeah! It's me!" He replied, then sighing in relief. "I got scared there was another person-eater out here—" Neyzira nearly threw herself into him and was completely out of breath, hugging tighter. "Hey, I'm here. Are you okay?" He asked, hugging back.

"Mhmm." She said, her voice breaking a bit as they split apart. "Yeah, I've just— . . . I— it's been a really long time."

"It's only been a few hours— is something going on with you? Your English is super clear now." He furrowed his brows as he looked at her hair. "Did you get a haircut and dye it that fast?"

Neyzira nodded, harshly swallowing. "Yeah, a lot happened." She smiled and gestured to everything around them. "I made friends while you were gone!"

"I can see that," Peter replied with a slow nod, looking at the army.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

Neyzira finished yanking out an Outrider's jaw and kicked it away before explosions occurred all around her. She looked up and saw the ship above them firing down on the armies, killing more of Thanos' troops.

Neyzira quickly dropped down to the ground, curling up onto her side for cover. Across from her, Mantis did similar. "He's shooting his own troops?!" Mantis tried to speak over the explosions.

"Does he seem like the kind of guy that cares?!" Neyzira retorted.

And then suddenly, the explosions stopped. After a moment, they looked up to see the ship's guns trained on something in the clouds; something invisible to the armies on the ground.

Neyzira put her finger up to her ear to speak through the intercoms. "Uh . . . gang, what are they firing at!?"

"'Gang?'" Peter murmured, confused by her choice of words.

A bright light came crashing through Thanos' ship, the force causing explosions to release smoke into the already grey sky. The ship's engines disabled and the vehicles went down to the ground as a glowing figure came into everyone's views. Carol Danvers.

"Danvers, we need an assist here," Steve said.

Neyzira looked at Mantis with a smile. "She's cool. You'd like her." Neyzira then sprinted off and jumped onto an Outrider's back and immediately dug her fingers into him, pushing her hands further to basically use the pained Outrider to carry her forward.