Chapter 11: Luz First Day Of School

Y/N POV

Me, Willow, and Gus were at the doors of the school waiting for Luz. Soon we see her walking up to us in her gray uniform. "Hello my wonderful friend!" Luz said. "Hello, classmate" Willow said. "Welcome Luz! I'm so excited that you're here!" I said. "You did it Luz" Gus said and made an illusion but he accidently made it say, 'Better luck next time!'. "Sorry, I was covering up on the basics" Gus apologized. Willow then explained to Luz about the covens and their leaders. "Are you ready to enter these halls?" Willow asked Luz. "That's what I'm figuring out right now. See you on the other side my friends" Luz said and went into the school. "See you later Luz" Gus said and again made another illusion but it said, 'Goodbye forever!'. "You know, I'm just going to stop" Gus then said. "Well I'm heading to class. My teacher is giving out the grades from the semester exam and I want to see how I did" I said and went to class. When I entered class, my teacher handed me the exam and It had an 'A' on it (I'm using the grading from Harry Potter because witches). I was relieved that I had passed but I felt nervous that I almost failed. Soon after Luz entered class. "Oh Luz! You're in the potions track?" I asked her. "Yea, I wanted to do more tracks but Bump wouldn't let me and choose for me to be in potions" Luz explained. "Oh, I'm sorry. But hey, at least you're not alone!" I said as she took her seat next to me. "Welcome back students! Today we will be making 'fog brows'!" The teacher said and threw the potion on the ground and disappeared and appeared in front of her desk. "Belgian!" she told us.

Me and Luz gathered the ingredients and started to work together because we were next to each other. Luz told herself this was fine and she could do it until there was a blessed from outside. Everyone in the classroom ignored it because we were used to it but Luz looked out the window and saw Willow and a girl from the oracle track fighting. Luz wasn't watching the potion and I was reading the next part so the teacher came over and got us back on track. "Sorry!" Luz said to the teacher and we went back to work. After class, everyone left and Luz was complaining that her arm hurt. "Trust me, when I first started I also had arm pain but it goes away after like two days" I told her. Luz looked at her schedule and she did look happy. "Do you just make potions all day?" Luz asked me. "Yea but sometimes the potion needs more time to brew so it would take up the whole day" I explained. Luz then saw the girl who was fighting willow put away her crystal ball. Luz wondered if she used the crystal ball it would tell her if she was on the right path. "Luz, that's not a smart idea. What would happen if Bump found out you did that?" I said. "I will be quick!" Luz said and ran over to the crystal balls. I followed her because I had nothing else to do. Luz picked up the ball and the ghost(?) came out of it. "You will be in trouble very soon" The ghost said. "Wow- wait what you say?" Luz said and then we heard Bump behind us. Bump told me that I should have stopped her and then took Luz away. I went to find Willow and Gus to tell them what happened. "Hey guys! Luz was taken away by Bump and I think she is in detention!" I told them. "What!" Willow said. "I know the window to that room! Let's go" Gus said and we followed him to the detention room window.

"Luz!" Gus and Willow said. "Omg I missed you so much, come here so I can squeeze your faces" Luz said and was pinching Willow's face. Luz then explained what happened after Bump took her away. We know that in the detention track, you will literally learn nothing and Luz asked us to help her break out. We promised her and Luz left because someone was coming. We left and started to make a plan to get Luz out. We decided to put her in a trash can and made holes on the bottom so she can put her legs in and walk around. We soon were able to get into the detention room but we didn't see anyone there. 'Are they in the shortcut rooms in the wall?' I wondered. "Maybe she already left before we got here" Gus said and Willow started calling her like a dog. "Willow, I don't think she will come if you call her like that" I said. Gus then started to fool around with the detention teacher and damn, he really can sleep through anything. "We have to find Luz. I wish these walls could talk to us to help find her" Willow said and put her hand on the wall. Luz then came out of the wall and fell on the floor. "Thank you walls!" Willow said. "Hey, you good Luz?" I asked her, bedding down to her. Willow and Gus explained the plan and Luz just agreed. Luz got in and walked out. "Willow, she seems sad" I told her. "You're right, wonder what happened in that time span" Willow said as we guided Luz around. Luz then got out because it was not working. Willow tried to tell Luz everything will be okay but she wasn't really listening. "What's the point if people get hurt on the way?" Luz asked.

"What the heck is that!?!" Gus then screams. We looked over and saw a giant basilisk chasing someone. They tried to use their magic but it just got sucked right out of them. 'Oh shit! I forgot about this! What am I going to do? I don't have magic!' I thought. "Oh, what cute children do we have here?" The basilisk said to us. "We might be cute but we are powerful!" Willow said and did a spell and Gus but it just got eaten and they both fell on the ground. Luz then threw a light glyph to the basilisk and we had time to get away. Luz ran into the skip-cut room where the three other people were. Luz asked for their help but they ignored her until they saw Willow and Gus. The girl explained to Luz what the basilisk was and said that she thought they were excised. Luz and the others made a plan while I stayed with Willow and Gus. 'I wish I could do something but I don't have magic' I thought. "Hey Y/n! What spells do you know?" Luz asked me. "Luz, I have to tell you something but you can't tell anyone else!" I said. "Huh? What is it? We don't have much time" Luz said. "Luz, I can't do magic... I was born a powerless witch. That's why I take potions, it doesn't require magic" I tell Luz. If Belos, Lilith, or Hunter finds out I told someone this, they would kill me. "Wait- You can't?" Luz asked me. "Nope, It's something from my mother's side that makes all the females powerless" I said. I can't just tell her I'm also human, at least not now. I knew at one point I would have to tell someone why I don't do magic so I came up with this lie, plus if they ask to meet my mom I can just say she passed when I was a young age. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know. What about you just stay with Willow and Gus till we are done?" Luz said. "Ok, please don't tell anyone" I said. "Don't worry, you can trust me. I will talk to you when this is over with" Luz said and ran off to the others.

After Luz and the others defeated the basilisk and Willow and Gus got their magic back, Luz came up to me in her new multi-colored school uniform. "Great job Luz! Now you can do what you always wanted to do since you came here!" I congratulate her. "Thanks Y/n, And hey! Maybe I can teach you some glyphs so you can do magic!" Luz suggested. "Yea, thanks" I said. After that, things went good for a while but a carnival was coming up and Willow invited me to come along but 'father' said no. He said, 'Carnivals are stupid and you are better than that to go. You are the third most powerful 'witch' on the boiling isles'. Sometimes he makes no sense but Hunter stayed with me and we watched a wired show on a glass ball. I also soon need to find a way to charge my phone, it's at 7%. I have been careful but sometimes I got bored and play offline games or take some photos. But I will worry about that later, all I can do now is power it off till then.

_______________________________________

Sorry if you wanted to see episode 14 but I want to move the story along and you don't always have to be in the show. Have an amazing Day/Night/Noon!

Word count- 1568