Chapter 22: Long Forgotten Memories

*Key*

This = Talking through walkie-talkie

This = Talking through memories

Y/n POV

I woke up to Hunter shaking me awake. "Get dressed, I want you to join me in a small mission" Hunter said to me as I sat up in bed. "What?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes. "Just get dressed in your uniform and come to my room" Hunter said and left my room. I got ready and kissed Nikki before I left. I wasn't going to bring her, only because I believe that this mission is the one where we travel to the emperor's mind. We left through Hunter's window and he explained what was going on. We soon arrived at the night market but I personally don't like being here. "...I even do trades" a two faced guy said to us as he put a hand on Hunter's shoulder and held up pliers. When he realized who Hunter and I were, he backed up and had a scared look on his face. "Oh I mean, why would I trade teeth? That's illegal and unsanitary" the guy said but I blocked the rest out when I saw a group of hooded figures go down an alleyway. We followed the group and we stayed in the shadows. We watched the three figures do the ritual and just before they finished, Hunter jumped out to stop them. "Halt, for crimes against the Emperor you are all under arrest!" Hunter screamed and held his artificial staff up at them. Honestly I am too tired to care about what's going on so I just walked over to Hunter but before I got there, Luz jumped out from the corner onto Hunter and they both fell on the floor. "Hey, can I bug you guys with a few questions?" Luz asked as she pulled out a pen and notepad. "Human!?" Hunter screamed as the three figures disappeared. "No, no! Stop! I forbid you to flee!" Hunter screamed out as he stood up. "Human, do you know what you just done?!" Hunter asked as he took off his mask and summoned FlapJack. I also took off my mask and stood up but then I heard glass breaking. I looked down and saw that Hunter had stood on the small glass vial, a yellow glow started to come from the potion. "Um, what's that?" Luz asked as we were all engulfed into the yellow glow, everyone screaming.

I woke up and saw brown-yellow walls and a blackened ceiling. I sat up and saw many (photos? painting?) that covers the walls. I saw that Luz was still knocked out and Hunter was also awake, he must have just woke up like me because he was still laying on the ground. "Hunter, are you okay?" I asked and stood up. "Yea, what about you?" Hunter said as I helped him stand up. "I'm fine, I'm worried about Luz though... she still not awake" I said and looked over at Luz. "I'm sure the human is fine, she was the one that got us here" Hunter said. We stayed quiet as we saw that Luz finally woke up. She looked around, mainly the one in front of her. "What is this place?" Luz asked herself as she stood up and started to back up. "You know exactly where we are human" Hunter said as Luz spun around and saw us. "You got us trapped in the Emperor's mind!" Hunter screamed out. "Huh!?" Luz said, shocked. "We're trapped in the Emperor's mind? That's bananas" Luz said. "I don't know what those are and I don't care to. Remember what happened at the Night Market?" Hunter asked Luz, to which she shakes her head. "I heard whispers of an attempt to invade the Emperor's mind with wild magic. I decided to take the villains out, with the help of Y/n. But just as I was about to stop them..." Hunter explained but Luz cut him off. "Oh, wait! I remember now!" Luz said. "Hey!" Hunter said. "Eda took me and King to the Night Market to repair my witch's wool cape, but we ran into some trouble" Luz said and explained how she followed us after seeing us to ask us some questions. Hunter started to laugh at Luz's story. "You wanted to prove that my uncle is evil? And you thought we would help?" Hunter asked Luz as he continued to laugh. "Well now that I'm in his mind , I can learn the truth for myself... weird though, I've been in Willow's mind once and it's had more, uh, trees" Luz said. "Everyone's mind is different Luz" I said. "Mindscapes reflect the individual, I read a lot about this subject" Hunter said, proudly as Luz looks unamused. 

"Whoa look at this memory!" Hunter said as he walked over to a memory of Belos guiding people to safety. "You know, unfettered wild magic wiped out our family. Everyone knew too much and got themself hurt, that's why Belos took in the survivors and dedicated his life to making the Coven System!" Hunter said and ran to another memory. "It's why he's so well liked! Our sigils protect us from ourselves and make the Titan happy. Oh, This is when I inherited my staff! Oh look Y/n, there's yours!" Hunter said and pointed to a memory of when I got my staff (Chapter 10 if you forgot). "You know, I'm the youngest scout to become Golden Guard. I never found out what happened to the previous one... Y/n is the first Silver Guard!" Hunter said. "Huh, why does Darius look so sad here?" Hunter asked himself out loud. After a minute or two, Hunter and I saw a figure in the shadows that looked like Belos and I heard a child crying. "Belos?" Hunter asked. "Emperor, you're here! We beg for your assistance to return to the physical world so that we may capture your enemies. And so she can ruin someone else's day" Hunter said as he bowed down. I saw the child version of Belos come from behind the shadow one, waving his hands 'no'. "Hunter, I don't think this is Belos..." I said and pulled him back. Suddenly the shadow shock and blue colored eyes popped all over its body and made a shrieking sound. "Hunter, Y/n, watch out!" Luz said and stood in front of us as she set off a fire glyph. It set us flying back to the wall as we broke through it. We all started to scream as we fell down to god knows where. Hunter held onto me as Luz grabbed Hunter and set off a spell that saved us from plummeting the ground. The spell wore off fast and we hit the ground. "Where are we now?" Hunter asked no one as we looked above us and saw that where we fell, closed up. "We must be in the Emperor's real mind" Luz said. "What do you mean by the Emperor's real mind? That gallery-" Hunter said but Luz cut him off. "Was made of all the lies he tells, he's not who you guys think he is!" Luz said. I looked down, I know Luz is right but Hunter, this will change his whole life. Everything he believed in, ruined. "We're probably being punished because you provoked his inner self" Hunter said. "Well, his inner self had a thousand glowing eyeballs" Luz said. "Oh no, eyeballs" Hunter said, teasingly. "Okay you two stop fighting, it won't get us anywhere" I said.