Chapter 19: Identity revealed!

Luz POV (Starting with someone other than Y/n!)

After Amity explained what an Echo mouse was and how they can play back wherever they eat, she showed me how to play back the context. "My journey through the Demon realm is far from over. But today, I humbly donate my journal to the ages. Entry one, May 21... I think. My name is Philip Wittebane, and I have found myself in a world so horrible yet so fantastic. Few minds could have dreamt it. If only those at home could see what I have. But perhaps they shell, for the more I learn about this realm, the more I am certain I can harness its strange power to return home. Today I begin recording my journey to create a portal back to the Human realm" the man named Philip explained. "Wittebane! That's Y/n last name!" I said. "Maybe she knows more or has more of his stuff!" Amity said. "I'll ask her about this next time I see her!" I said. "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll figure this stuff all out" Amity said. I felt a kiss on my cheek and looked over to her surprised. I felt so happy and giddy! Amity's face turned pink and she ran inside her house. 'What a cute face' I thought and went back to the owl house.

Y/n POV

Me and Hunter sat in on one of Belos' meetings with the coven heads. Belos started to groan and grunt while holding his chest. Hunter and I went over to help and take him to his throne room. Kikimora tried to follow but Hunter stopped her. "No, stay here. We can handle this alone" He said and we walked out. I guarded Belos in as Hunter closed the door. I let go and stepped back to Hunter as Belos turned into his monster form and punished a pillar over and over again. I felt Hunter take hold of my hand and gave me a gentle squeeze. After Belos was done, Hunter gave him a palisman. Belos snapped it and ate(?) it. "I need more" Belos said. "That was the last from our reserve. The palistrom wood has been overharvested" Hunter explained. Belos grunts and walks to his throne. "Uncle, let us help! We can make more Palisman!" Hunter said. "Actually, I read about this technique harnessing wild magic too, uh..." Hunter explains but shuts up when Belos looks at us. "Sorry" Hunter apologizes. Belos walks over to us and puts a hand on each of our shoulders. "Please, be careful you two. Our family is gone because of wild magic. I can't let that happen to you. It also somehow brought you, Y/n, from the Human realm here" Belos said and held our shoulders harder. "Find me more palisman, I can depend on you two... right?" Belos said. "Yes Uncle/Father" we both said.

That all happened last night and now, I'm at school... where today we picking out our first palisman. "Hey Willow, shouldn't Amity be here?" Luz asked Willow. "Oh sorry Luz, I heard she stayed home today" Willow said. "Oh, that actually makes sense" Luz said, upset. "Oh Y/n, can I talk to you after school today about something?" Luz asked me. "Sorry, not today... my dad has something for me to do" I said. Real reason is that I have a mission with Hunter, to steal these palisman for Belos. "Good tiding on this momentous day" Bump said and Eda was next to him. "You're all about to receive your witch's staff! And more importantly, meet your palismen!" Bump explained. 'This is a waste of time for me, mine at home asleep' I thought. "This is a crucial step in your magical development. Palismen are lifelong partners, they can become both your good friend and powerful tool" Bump said and revealed his Palismen. Everyone gasped and looked in amazement. "Now traditionally, young witches carve their staff from a branch of an old Palismen tree" Eda says. "But sadly, Palismen trees are becoming more rare and those that remain are guarded covetously" Bump says. I started to space out until I saw the bat queen landed on top of the palismen house.

I saw flapjack try to escape but Bump caught him. I again started to space out, I do care about all these Palismen but I'm more stressed about tonight. Luz finds out Hunter's identity which means... she'll find out about mine. I saw Willow go first and get her palismen, which was a bee. Boscha went next and got a crab. Viney went after Boscha and she got a Lion Scorpius animal. Gus went and got a chameleon. A guy from the Abomination coven went and got a sloth. Luz went next but nothing happened. I saw Luz start to panic and I guess Eda did too. While all of that was going down, I saw Flapjack go inside of Luz bag. 'What a silly bird' I thought. After school, I went home and changed into my uniform. "Nikki, come out girl" I said. She came out of her blanket and crawled over to me. "Today is a dangerous mission so you will be coming with me. Stay hidden till I take you out" I said. She nodded her head and I put her in my cape. I hear a knock on my door and Hunter enters my room. "Hey um, we are taking a flying ship for the mission" He said. "Oh cool! But why something so big?" I asked. "It's the only thing that can fly above the town and cities and can carry something big that holds all the palismen" Hunter explains. "Oh okay, let's get going" I said and grabbed my mask off my desk. Soon, we make it to the school where we pick up the hunt where the palismen (and Luz) are. I stand next to Hunter as he whistles while flying the ship. Soon Luz came and put a fire glyph on Hunter's back, which sent him flying off. "Oh hey Luz, long time no see!" I said and put my hands up. "You! What are you two up too!?" Luz asked. "None of your business!" I said back. "Just shut up and help me land this" Luz says and turns around to figure out how to land the ship. Hunter appears next to me and tells Luz how to land the ship. "thanks - HUH!?" Luz says and turns around to see Hunter. "Hi~" Hunter says and ties Luz up. "Hey!" Luz scrams. "Nice to see you too Human" Hunter says.