Chapter 17: Season 2 - Sea Battle

Y/N POV

It's been a week since the whole 'Eda beast mood' and Lilith leaving the coven. I won't lie, I miss her but I can still see her when I go to the owl house. I don't think she knows that I'm friends with Luz, Willow, and Gus but she finds out soon. Luz has been sending me a ton of text messages because I'm the only person that will be sent through. I can tell she just needs to talk to someone so I always listen (more like read) when she goes on a tangent. Hunter is now showing me the new posters that were made for the emperor's coven because of Lilith's leave. "I heard that there was a spell put on them so if someone tries to throw them away, it will fly back to them and stick to their face" Hunter said. "No way really!? Well I mean, who would want to throw away my beautiful face" I said. "No one can see your face idiot, we're wearing our mask" Hunter said. "Aww that's sad :(" I said. "Anyway, we have a mission today, the emperor wants a Selkidomus killed, for some reason" Hunter said. "Why does he want a Selkidomus killed... What's a Selkidomus?" I asked. "I don't know why he wants it dead and a Selkidomus is a sea demon, they're mostly peaceful" Hunter said. "I hate the water, I get sea sick so easily" I said. "Don't worry, it should be a short trip" Hunter said and he rubs my back in a circle pattern. "Ok well let me get ready!" I said and ran to my room. I shut the door and locked it, I went to my desk where my uniform was laid. I got dressed while Nikki came out. "I'm sorry Nikki, you can't come today, I have this mission with Hunter and he can't know about you, at least not yet" I said and placed her down back in the closet.

After I put on my mask, I grabbed the staff that 'father' had given me. I walked out and met up with Hunter. "Hey~ Don't I look good!?" I asked Hunter as I walked to him. "You look professional" Hunter said. "Anyway, we should get going. We have to catch a ship" Hunter said and we headed off to the bout. We soon got up at the bout and boarded it. We sat down in a private cabin. "Damn, I wonder if we are on the right ship" I said as I looked around the cabin, covered in emperor coven stuff. "Yes we are, I know what ship to board" Hunter said. "I was being sarcastic" I said. "Huh?" Hunter 'looked' at me weird. "Nevermind" I said and walked to the window. I saw Luz and King talking to the captain of the ship. Hunter came up next to me to see what I was looking at. The captain threw Luz an uniform then looked at us, nodded and Hunter shut the window. "So that the human, she looks weak" Hunter said. "Hey!" I said and hit his arm. "Ow, come on! You're different, not like her! You know that..." Hunter said and rubbed his arm dramatically. "Whatever" I said and sat down and ate some snacks that were there. It was smooth sailing until we started to go faster than before. 'I might just be sick!' I thought as I held Hunter's arm.

Hunter POV (Yippee!)

As the ship went a little faster than before, Y/n held my arm for support. 'Aww that's so cute' I thought. I still don't understand why she got so offended before when I called that human weak, yea I know that she is a human but she is different. She is basically a witch and the daughter of the emperor so she is above everyone else other than him and me. I always wanted a sibling but never got one so having Y/n is like having a younger sister! I know the emperor has some big plans and all i can hope for is Y/n safety, I would hate it if she gets hurt because of him.

Y/n POV

Suddenly we hit a big wave that sent me and Hunter to the back of the ship "Oww!" I said and rubbed my head. The door opened and King fell in and the door shut again. "Hey! King wants a cracker!" King said as he banged on the doors. Hunter got up first and went behind King, who was now getting some crackers left on the table. King looked down and saw a letter that 'father' sent to the captain about this mission. "Is that the emperor sigil?" King said out loud and turned the candle light more on and saw the room. "This ship belongs to the emperor!" King said surprised. "Oh boy, I gotta tell Luz" King said until Hunter came from behind him. "Unfortunately, you won't have the chance" Hunter said and put King in a bird cage. "Aww look what you caught" I said as I walked up to him. "He'll be a good bat for the human" Hunter said as he threw the cover over the cage. After sometime Hunter said that we should be arriving at the place where the Selkidomus should be. "Let's see if the crew can take care of it, then we'll take it back to the emperor" Hunter said as he sat down. I stayed and stared out the window, looking at what was happening. The Selkidomus hit the ship a couple of times until it broke free when an explosion went off. "Damn, I think the ship is under attack, grab your staff" Hunter said as he grabbed his staff and the cage where King was. We got to the decks where the caption was hanging off the edge looking at Luz take off. "What happened here?" Hunter asked the crew. "Some witch robbed the ship and Luz went after them" The caption said. "Ug oh well, we'll be back soon" Hunter said as he grabbed me and we took off. We went under the sea in a space bubble and when we got to the land, we raised in a fist shape and landed on the ground. "That can still be arranged" Hunter said to them.

Luz and Eda looked scared to see us. "Hello criminals" Hunter greeted them. "What's about to happen should be relatively painless, if you do what we say" Hunter said. "You're acting as if we're going to kill them" I said as I leaned on my staff. "And why would we do that?" Luz asked him. "Because none of you can use real magic" Hunter said and pointed at them. "Ohhh~" I said and covered my mouth (on my mask). "You don't know that!" Eda shouted. "Maybe not, but I do know that you're standing on a plant that eats flesh" Hunter said and pointed below Luz and Eda. They jump off and stomp on the ground next to them. "Hahaha" Hunter and I chuckled. 'That was kinda funny' I thought. "Okay, the human will remain a sailor to repay all the money she lost while the Owl Lady will be arrested again for attacking one of the emperor's ships" Hunter tells them the 'plan'. "Emperor's ships?" Luz questioned Eda. "Wow, you don't even know who the ship belonged to before you hopped aborted it? That's really stupid" I said. "They're the only ones worth robbing" Eda told Luz. "Why are you guys hunting the Selkidomus? It's a peaceful creature and you're provoking it!" Eda said to us. "The emperor ordered us to slay one, we are just following orders" Hunter explains. "Well I'm just going to smack you guys around a bit" Eda said and started to attack us. She took off her arm and started to swing it at us. Hunter easily knocked her down while Luz joined the fight. I knocked her down on the ground, keeping my knee to her back. "You shouldn't join the fights you can't handle" I whispered to her. "Who are you!?" She whispered yelled at me. "You'll find out one day, just not today" I said. Hunter took Luz and Eda and made the float over the boiling ocean. "How about I keep you guys dangling over the boiling sea? I heard that around these parts, just the steam is enough to cause third-degree burns" Hunter said to them. "Now I don't think the emperor wants a dead person now does he?" I asked Hunter. "Hm, I suppose not. I don't have to be that mean" He said and brought the two back on land. 

"Okay so no one will have to be a sailor or get arrested, if one of you follows those Selkidomus tracks and slays the beast" Hunter tells them. "Here, I'll help" Hunter said and created a small sword. Both stayed on the ground, not moving. "You're making this difficult, go or i'll drown the bird" Hunter said and held the cage where King was. Hunter moved the cover on the cage to show King, which also must have woken him up. "I don't think that a bird..." I said. "Fine. I'll do it" Luz said and picked up the sword. "Luz wait, LUZ!" Eda shouted at Luz as they both entered the cave. After about 30 minutes of nothing, I started to get bored. I guess Hunter did too because he decided to "play" with King. He picked up the cover and King made a sound and spun until the cover was down again. "Haha, you're actually weirdly enduring" Hunter said to King. "No, I'm not" King said tiredly. "Why does it act like that?" I asked. "I'm not sure..." Hunter said. We look up to the cave and see Eda and Luz 'fighting' the Selkidomus. Hunter then looked amazed when Luz 'slayed' the Selkidomus. Luz started to pull a pill of seaweed to us. "Oh, that thing smells awful. Why are you touching it with your hands?" Hunter asked Luz. "Gross" I said and put my hand up to my mask to stop the smell getting in it. "You guys are gross! Now, give me King!" Luz shouted at us. "Actually, he smells pretty bad too. Take him" Hunter said and throw the cage with King inside at Luz. Luz catches King and pulls the cover off the cage. "Thank you for your service, you can find your own way home" Hunter said and we started to walk away. "And try to stay out of trouble" Hunter said while pulling his staff out. "The emperor is not a merciful man" I said and pulled out my own staff. "Bye~" Hunter and I said and flew off, back to the castle.

Luz POV

Me and Eda walked into the Owl House exhausted after today's adventure. Eda tripped over Hooty and Lilith showed us what she was working on all day. It was a potion that showed us a peek inside the emperor's castle. All we saw were guards that were just standing around. "What are we supposed to do with this?" I ask Lilith. "Whatever you want, don't you see? These troops don't know what to do with themself, so go crazy. Pull whatever pranks your heart desires. They're clueless without me" Lilith said and layed down on the couch. "Oh Lily, you couldn't be more right! And those children guards, what chumps they are" Eda said. "What do you mean by that?" Lilith asked Eda. "We ran into them today, but of course we outsmarted them" Eda said, confidently. "Oh really...." Lilith said... scared. "What's wrong?" I asked her. "I can't say what I know due to a promise spell I made but the Silver guard... She is special to put it. She has secrets that no witch knows" Lilith explained. 'I knew she was hiding something! I wonder what it is...' I thought. "Anyway, I'm in a good mood! Who wants to get take-out and draw faces on Hooty?" Eda asked us. King and I said yes and followed Eda into the kitchen.

_______________________________________

I'm so sorry this is coming out late! I haven't had motivation to write and school is destroying my mental state. I'm so excited to write season two and maybe finish this book before the end of the school year! Anyway, have an amazing Day/Night/Noon!

Word count- 2067