Chapter 20: Lake Of Blood

Y/n POV

A couple of days have passed since the last mission we had. I also got my new necklace to hide my ears yesterday because mine broke on the last mission! We were supposed to go on a mission but we were switched out by Kikimora. Hunter was not happy about that so he decided to go ask Belos why we were switched out. Hunter and I stood off to the side as Father tried to open the door with no luck. FlapJack flew out from Hunter cape. Oh yea, Hunter told me about 'the palisman' that wouldn't stop following him. I still don't understand why Hunter keeps FlapJack close by when he doesn't like him. Maybe an early connection sign? "Shoo" Hunter said to FlapJack as he landed on his shoulder. "Would you two like to see how it works, Hunter and Y/n?" Father asked us. Hunter gasped and FlapJack went still as Hunter put him in his cap. "We didn't mean to hide, Emperor Belos" Hunter said as we walked to him. This was a rare time, when father didn't have his mask on. "We found every piece of the door, but without the power of the real key, it refused to open" Father explained. "Is it true that rain doesn't boil in the Human Realm?" Hunter asked Belos. "It is, I'm sure Y/n knows more about the Human realm than me. I haven't been there in decades. Did I ever tell you guys that I have been to the Human Realm?" Belos said. Hunter and I shook our heads. 'I mean, I know but I'll play along' I thought. "The trees there are green, nights are quiet, I look forward to seeing it again" Father said. 'Not anymore, the trees are being cut down, the nights are noisy, things have changed since you've been there Belos' I thought (I live behind a main street and there is so much noise). "Were you guys spying on me just to hear these boring stories?" Father asked us. "The operation at the knee, why did you switch us out with Kikimora?" Hunter asked. "Everyone has a use, Hunter. Kikimora has her intricate little plans, the scouts carry out orders, and you two well... the Titan has big plans for you guys and it will be such a hassle to find replacements. So right now, you guys can be useful by staying safe in the castle" Father explained as he guided us to a door. 'What BS' I thought and mentally rolled my eyes.

"If this is punishment for failing our last mission, I swear that we will do better" Hunter explained. "Good night, Y/n and Hunter" Father said and shut the door on us. Hunter had a weird look on his face and then grabbed my hand and dragged me to his room. "Oh Hunter, what are you doing?" I ask him. "We are going to show Belos that we are better suited for this mission than Kikimora!" Hunter says and pulls out two scouts' uniforms. "Here, get dressed in this" Hunter said and handed me a uniform. After we both changed into the uniform, I grabbed Nikki from my room and took off to the knee where the mission was taking place. Once we landed we hid behind a tree so none of the other scouts could see us. After hearing Kikimora rambling we turned around and saw that FlapJack had followed us. "Why do you keep following me!?" Hunter asked the palisman. FlapJack just chirped at us. "We don't speak palisman" Hunter stated. "Here's the plan, we slip in with these disguises, we find the Titan blood before Kiki, we give it to Belos. Boom! We are useful again!" Hunter explains just as the tree we were behind was shot at. Hunter pulled me to the ground in a protective hold. Hunter helped me up and we ran away. "Another way in. We'll find another way in" Hunter said. FlapJack was sitting on Hunter's head as we ran. FlapJack took off and showed us a clearing where we saw Eda, King, and Amity walking by. "The Owl Lady and her dog. And is that the youngest Blight?" Hunter muttered/asked himself. "What are they doing here?" I asked Hunter. "I don't know but I bet it's nothing good" Hunter said. "All right, new plan. They can lead us to-" Hunter said but was cut off by FlapJack pulling Hinter down off the small cliff we were on. "Oh shoot!" I said and pulled my mask down and followed the two of them.

"A coven scout!" Amity yelled and held a hand of fire in front of Hunter. "Uh... Yes! I am but a humble scout, and I surrender" Hunter said. "Oh dear" I said and landed next to Hunter. "These two?" King questioned. "Umm, yes and I surrender too" I said and held my hands up like Hunter. "Well, that was easy" King said. "Not so fast, King. don't you recognize that annoying voice?" Eda said. "Why does everyone say that?" Hunter said, sadly. Everyone looked at him and so he took my hand and we took off running... again. "Don't let those two get away!" Eda said. Amity sent out some abomination slim at us, knocking Hunter and me over and making our mask's fall off. Hunter landed on top of me as the group walked up to us. "Y/n!?!?" Eda, King, and Amity said in shock. "Hehe, hey guys..." I said and avoided eye contact. "So you two are none other than Belos' right-hand man's" Eda said. "The Golden and Silver Guards!?" Amity said in shock. "He is a lot scrawnier than I imagined" Amity said. "Haha, you hear that!" I said to Hunter and laughed along with king. Hunter groaned and gave me a side eye. "But Y/n, how are you, the Silver guard!? And working with Belos!" Amity asked, shocked. "Look, yes I'm the Silver Guard but I'm only doing this... to survive" I said. Hunter knows I'm only trying to find my way back to the Human realm but they don't so might as well lie... right? "Does Lilith know?" Eda asked. "Yes, she was the one to train me" I said as Amity helped me and Hunter up. "Well now I don't know if we can trust you so you'll stay tied up with golden boy here" Eda says and starts to walk ahead of us.