11

"I don't see why we need him here," I expressed, as Father busily scanned his laptop screen for work

"I don't see why either. I didn't have time to argue with Enzo over the phone. If he wants to make sure his sister is being watched over properly then so be it. I don't suspect the guy would implement a threat to us."

I suppose I shouldn't suspect an ultimate threat as well. It only seems odd that Enzo is just now sending over a guard to watch over Claire, not just a guard but his top soldier. 

Taking in fathers words, I nodded. I assume it's fair. If Alaina were in the same situation, I too would've had a guard or soldier I trust. But that's just it, I don't trust Marco. I don't know the man, from what I've seen at the wedding and the engagement party, he had eyes on Claire.  Anything outside of that, I can't give him the time of day for a thought. 

I get it, she's a gorgeous woman. Claire is the kind to make you think of her as salacious. I'm convinced anyone would want to dip their nasty cock inside of her. Because without a doubt, I would like to. With her consent of course. 

Marco being her guard gives him access to be closer to her. I don't like that one fucking bit. Usually, I don't behold a possessive trait, but with Claire being a vixen, I have no choice but to.

All I can do is trust my father's choice of letting him stay here. If it were up to me, I would send his ass back to Florida where he belongs.

"I have men out searching for Julia," said, Father.

"For?"

He finally took his eyes away from his screen to look my way. "Her husband was a traitor, son. We can't afford any slip-ups. If she is married to him then I am sure she is working with the fucking Russians too."

"She's a woman. We don't harm them."

"What would you rather me do, Rocco? I have to keep the Siena in line and make an example out of Nino and his wife. Giving her leverage can only harm us in the end."

"If you kill her, then that would lead to a horrible example for Costa Nostra. They won't want to build an alliance with us. Valentina's morals don't run that way."

"Valentina can shove her laws up her tight ass. This is my business, my people, and my rules. When you take over as boss then you can do as you please. But I'm still the boss. If I want the bitch dead, she will fall under my gun. I Should've known better than to let them in our house. In our family. The next man you chose to work under you, needs to be dutiful." Father closed his laptop, "there's work that needs to be done today."

I held off on giving any sentiment towards it all, no matter how much Nino meant to me, like a brother. I was raised better than that. "Indeed there is," I replied.

Knocking on his office door take our attention from each other. "Sorry Sir, but your guest has arrived." said one of the house maidens. She dipped her head low and backed away from the door leaving it open.