21

I couldn't handle this situation any longer

I couldn't handle this situation any longer. I could feel myself losing grip with each passing moment, hour, and day that I spent dealing with this hard-headed woman.

I understood what she saw was out of her level, further than that. But the fact that she didn't want to speak with me after it, just boiled me.

Over at Spot 69, my territory, I had a meeting scheduled with a member of the Ndrangheta. I had heard about the young guy that Enzo's brother, Angelo, had taken under his wing for some dirty work. Things that I wish I had known sooner, so the situation would have been dealt with properly.

Sitting on the plush sofas with Manuele, Elio, and Andreas, we waited for the latecomer.

Elio beckoned over one of the prostitutes who frequented the premises to cater to the needs of the members in the private rooms. She was a sultry dark-haired woman, someone Elio always seemed to have his eye on. He constantly claimed her for himself.

It struck me as odd that Elio stuck to one woman while Manuele enjoyed a variety of them. Especially since Manuele is more of the romantic.

As for me, I had intended to put a halt to my promiscuous activities. However, Claire's actions were pushing me towards a different direction. I highly doubt she would mind if I did.

"How much longer do we have to wait on this man?" asked Elio. "I'm growing impatient here." His hands firmly grasped the whores ass and smack it leaving the chick smiling and blushing. I grimace at the acts of him and that girl. Elio noticed my disapproval. "Don't look at me like that Rocco,"

I lean in from my seat, facing Elio directly. "Does it ever occur to you that there's hundreds of different whores around here? Stop playing picky and cast aside your main for someone different."

I could sense the gaze of the whore on me, perhaps wishing ill upon me. Even if her curses worked, I would still return and make her life miserable.

"I agree. Maybe I should give her a chance," Manuele chimed in. "Or perhaps Andreas here."

Andreas politely declined with a shake of his head.

"When did you become such an asshole?" Elio retorted.

"When did you become so monogamous?" I reclined in my seat.

Elio shoved away the whore from his lap, leaving her in shock. Just as I suspected, she was starting to become attached to a customer. All the women who willingly work for us know the rules - they are not to form attachments with any customer.

Elio grabbed her arm, bringing her to his eye level. "Go tell your friend over there to meet me in room fifteen in thirty minutes," he commanded, pushing her away. He then looked at me, expecting an approving smile. "What's gotten up your ass? Your future bride isn't putting out?" Elio asked, taunting me.

Andreas and Manuele exchanged glances.

Manuele said, "he's completely losing control. Claire is driving him insane."