27

The view from my room never disappoints

The view from my room never disappoints. Or at least it didn't until Rocco came out, destroying it all. This time around I wasn't going to paint my views, only my heart. Marco was the top and the bottom of it. He was the whole portrait. I closed my eyes attempting to remember everything about his features. The last time I saw him, we spent too much time having sex, and we didn't get to admire the new things about each other.

While outlining the lines of his structured jawline, I peeked my head out the window to stare at Rocco. He's been acting insanely weird since I told him about Daniel two weeks ago. I was used to the cold shoulders, but not as much as this. Rocco stopped once he rounded the corners of the roses for his usual stretch breaks.  His annoying strapping figure and tall masculinity make it hard to not stare.

I quickly got back to my drawing when he caught me staring from the view.

Elizabeth came into my room with no warning. "Sorry to barge in." She's here so often, that I began to wonder what life is like for her at home. "I see no bags packed, come on. We are heading out early." She walked into my closet and pulled out a suitcase for me. "You wouldn't happen to have an extra plaid skirt, would you? You always make them look so elegant."

I stopped what I was doing not even realizing to cover up my canvas. It was too late because Elizabeth already caught interest. "Don't get this the wrong way or anything. But you don't know what your husband looks like."

"That's because it's not him," I said, then covered it up for anyone else who decided to barge in. Voluntarily, I gave her three plaid skirts that I rarely use anymore. She squealed and hugged me in excitement. "You are a Goddess. Thank you. Be ready in about an hour. I don't want to hit traffic on our way there."

There wasn't much I wanted to pack. I don't think I should be putting away revealing dresses and outfits when most of their friends are probably in high school or graduated with them. Come to think of it, I shouldn't even be going in the first place. My phone vibrates on the plush bed. Grabbing it in a hurry, Marco's name pops up.

He texted me everything I wanted to hear. It's been weeks since our last talk. We have been trying to plan around another meeting, but with Carlo being a tightrope in my ass, I can't go anywhere without Rocco knowing what I'm up to.

"God, he's been so annoying," Claire complained while we waited for Rocco and Andreas to come down with their bags. I wasn't aware it was an open invitation to the guys. By the looks of it, Alaina had no idea either. She actually looked pissed.

"Don't be annoyed with your brother," said Caterina. "You know how protective he is over you. You should be glad your father agreed to this."

Andreas came from the back hallways with his bag. "And if it wasn't for us coming along with you, your plans wouldn't have been a plan in the first place."

"As long as Manuele isn't coming," Elizabeth added.

"Oh, he'll be meeting us there." Andreas smiled at her annoyance.