2

Felling embarrassment is something I don't usually do well with. I had everything to be embarrassed about in my life. I wouldn't say I'm not grateful for where I am, considering most people don't have roofs over their heads, but I would rather not have to deal with the embarrassment of my relationship with Daniel. Scarlet and the girls would continuously rail me with, I told you so's. Father could either question my strength or say I deserved it, and Enzo would pity me for the rest of my life. A roundabout of embarrassment that I wish I didn't have to feel.

All I need is for this to act as if it never happened. To vanish my past into the universe so it can be lost at some other time. Maybe around that time, people wouldn't find me to be a fool for staying with him the first time he harmed me, or for having another relationship only weeks after leaving him.

Just thinking about it makes me feel like a laughingstock.

What makes it worse is that Enzo had to tell Marco about what happened. It was confirmed when not even two hours had passed since I told Enzo that Marco sent me a message stating that we needed to talk. I would rather act as if it never even happened.

I was sitting on the bed in one of Enzo's guest rooms upstairs while looking at my new phone. I was able to retrieve my messages and contacts, finding voice messages from Scarlet and texts from Marco.

I thought about calling Scarlet, I really did. But embarrassment and guilt ate away too much of my confidence and pride.

Arabella Coreen, whom I soon learned works with Enzo at the Marino headquarters, came by the penthouse, helping me cover the bruises and teaching me what to use to make the marks invisible.

It was almost too good as if she's been through this before.

"How stupid but yet, smart could your brother be to call me to help you?" Arabella took a good look at my face before pulling out her makeup bag. "I told him you may need more time, but he seems to be persistent. It's really starting to cause him problems." She laughed. The way she spoke, seemed to resemble her dark beauty.

I returned a kind smile but didn't have the energy to laugh with her. I was too busy contemplating my life and what I would be doing now. How will I be able to get my belongings without running into Daniel? What if he is still out to get me?

Arabella pushed her black hair out of the way before pulling out a color corrector, foundation, and then concealer. "In this order, is how I would cover up bruises that don't need to be seen."

Glancing up at her, I asked, "So you have done this before?"

"Oh yeah, plenty of times." She replied with a giggle, and I was taken aback by it. "I'm sorry that's horrible, I shouldn't hoot about it. That's just how I always copped with the emotions."