25

I gasped in shock

I gasped in shock. "Marco?" Alaina nodded in confirmation. "But how, why?" 

"You haven't been yourself. I don't know how two people can share an extreme amount of love for each other, but you two do. I feel terrible for my brother's actions. If he won't apologize, I will do it for him. I'll make sure no one disturbs you until the ceremony. Marco is on the lowest level of the hotel. I've cleared the area for you, so please hurry."

Gratefully, I embraced her tightly. "Thank you so much."

"Don't thank me. Go quickly. I'll handle your guard."

Alaina's plan to reunite us without getting caught was a mystery to me, that I would not stay any longer to question. I rushed to the lowest level, where the hotel's laundry was usually kept. Scanning the area, I finally spotted Marco near a stack of white towels, looking at me intently.

I ran to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. Trying not to mess up my makeup, I found it difficult with him so close.

"I promised I'd see you again," Marco said with a smile.

Stepping back slightly, I took in his appearance. His beard was unshaven, and his hair had grown longer since we last met.

"You're risking everything to be here today of all days." Ignoring my comment, Marco kissed me passionately.

His touch was so tender, I never wanted it to end. "You look stunning," he whispered before kissing my neck, shoulders, and collarbone. "I want to rip this dress off of you."

Clearly, he had no time to waste.

"If you do, Caterina will be furious. I can't handle her complaints anymore," I replied, embracing his touch.

"If I can't undress you, then I'll make love to you with it on," Marco said, lifting me onto a nearby table. He knelt, parting my legs and removing my panties before proceeding.

I gasped in surprise, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness. Marco's boldness to seduce me was both thrilling and risky, but at that moment, I couldn't resist him. The anticipation of being intimate with him after all this time apart was overwhelming.

As Marco's lips met mine again, his hands explored my body, igniting a fire within me. The table beneath me felt cold against my back, but the heat between us quickly warmed the space. Our kisses grew more urgent, our bodies pressed tightly together as if trying to merge into one.

The sound of footsteps approaching startled us, causing Marco to quickly stand up and pull me close to him. We froze, our hearts pounding in our chests, as we waited for whoever was coming to pass by.

Time seemed to stretch on, each second feeling like an eternity, until finally, the footsteps faded away. Relieved, Marco let out a breath he had been holding, his eyes never leaving mine. "We have to be careful," he whispered, his voice filled with a mixture of desire and caution.