3

Father scolded Enzo for disobeying his wishes and weird commands. Father then proceeded to force Nova to marry my Enzo. Nova was as strong as needed when going up against my father, yet the moment father threatened Nova's mother with something that could potentially ruin them, she cracked.

Enzo did his best to hold in his outrage until father said, "I told you from the beginning Enzo, marry and breed. It's so fucking simple if you can't do it, then maybe I should just take her as my wife instead and conceal the marriage. Maybe my new son wouldn't be so damn hard-headed."

I flinched when Enzo slammed his fist on the table. Marco tried to regard me with his gaze, but my eyes were too saturated and most certainly stained from the distress of what father was pushing onto my life.

I won't marry, especially someone I don't know. As dramatic as it seems, I would rather die.

Marco stood from his chair after taking an order from my father then looked at me once more before leaving. I waited for him to say something, anything about us and it never happened.

I look at Father's wicked, disturbing glare towards Nova. I hate the way he looked at her, I hate the way he spoke to her. I hate the way he was destined to be my father.

"You are fucking sick!" I growl at him before storming out of the dining room.

For a chunk of time, I cried to myself before Father found me in a corridor near the dining room.

"Stop crying. You act as if your life is over." He spoke. I fought the urge to slap him with all my willing force.

"As if?" I shout. "If you make me do this, my life will be over. I don't care how crazy it sounds. This is not normal, this is...it's fucking insane. I am not marrying that man, boy, or whatever the hell he is. You can't make me marry someone I don't know. It isn't the seventh century."

"Claire, you are lucky enough to be a part of our family."

I laughed vociferously. "Please, father. You say that as if you adopted me into this family of yours. We aren't a family. Besides today, when was the last time we had dinner together? You don't care about me, you certainly don't check on me. You treat me like garbage."

Father looked at my diamond necklace. "I don't care about you? Then how did you get the money for that necklace?"

I held off on telling him Marco got the necklace for me. Instead, I said, "Enzo gives me the money I need. Everything I have, Enzo gives me. He's raised me more than you ever spoke a word to me."

Father rolled his eyes like a pathetic little kid. "I don't have time for your bitching. If I say you are going to marry Rocco, you will marry him. If he wants you to himself, he will have you. If you must suck his cock like a good little wife, make sure you do it well. You would have learned well from your mother. The Moretti's are wealthy and if we marry into their family, we can see positive change in ours."