20

Spot 69 was a club that I hadn't made up my mind about yet

Spot 69 was a club that I hadn't made up my mind about yet. Although I had heard a few things about it, this would be my first time really getting to know the club Rocco spends most of his nights. Hopefully, he stays far away from it tonight.

I've heard that many celebrities end up here and post about it on social media, but then I also hear terrible things about the club and its services. It's been a long time since I decided to go out like this. With the guard that Enzo and his father had on me, I never made it out of my apartment past midnight. Not to mention, I never wanted to upset Daniel.

In the taxi on the way there, I remained silent while the girls planned their night. As I scrolled through my online feed, I came across a photo of Scarlet with a guy I had never met before. He had his arms wrapped around her, kissing her on the cheek. I wanted to instantly like the picture and comment as usual, but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Instead, I clicked on her profile and saw her latest post. She had posted a lot of photos of her and the girls hanging out together. Most of her captions, however, showed me how much she might actually be missing me. On almost all the group photos, she captioned them with "missing one." But she never tagged me.

It's not like she has to. I haven't been present online much anyway. In fact, this might be the first time I've been online.

Just as I was about to close the app, I received a notification for an instant message. It was from Scarlet. She said, "Look who is finally online. I tried to call you and give you the news in a better way, but I guess you don't want to speak to me for whatever reason. I hope you're okay."

Below that message, she sent me an ultrasound picture, along with another one of her and the man getting down on one knee. I gasped in the car, causing the girls to turn and look at me. The more I think about it, the more I realize that she's been talking to this guy for a while now. I just never cared because I was going through hell. I wonder which came first - the pregnancy or the ring.

"Who is that?" Alaina asked me.

"It's no one. Just an old friend."

"Oh. is she a daughter of someone we may know? she doesn't look Italian."

"She's not part of any of this. I knew her for a long time."

"Best to keep her away from all of this anyways," Elizabeth stated.

I agreed highly with her on that, which is why I decided to not respond to Scarlet. The more I distance myself, the less she would want to reach out even more.

The two young ones had no trouble getting into the club, thanks to Elizabeth's fake IDs and Alaina's family ownership. However, Alaina had to hide her face to avoid being recognized. Despite the potential consequences, being in the club was the most enjoyable experience I've had in New York. It helped distract me from Rocco's disturbing behavior, although I still struggle to understand how his actions could be justified.