7

My future sister-in-law seemed pleased to show me around their mansion

My future sister-in-law seemed pleased to show me around their mansion. We walked around the expansive home that claims to have separate wings for each individual. Aldo and his wife are the only ones without a wing, considering that they own the whole house, it's all theirs. "This whole corridor of the mansion is yours. I mean I guess you can share a room with Rocco. But maybe wait till marriage." Alaina spoke.

I look down the corridor to my left. This mansion is bigger than what I am used to. Father wasn't kidding when he said they were wealthy. It explains why he's such a kiss-ass to them.

"Why would I need this hallway? All I need is a room really."

"It's the principle of us Moretti's. My mother loves the idea of having her family under one roof. Even my cousin Andreas has a wing. He'll fill it up with his own family soon just like you and Rocco. But it's totally explainable if you would want to move out if you'd like. I don't know how mother would like that though."

Alaina watched my facial expression, expecting me to say something about it. It sounds a bit eccentric, but I am not one to judge, every family is different. I nodded in acknowledgment. "Interesting," is all I managed to say while pursing my lips and crossed my arms.

"This must be strange to you. But as I mentioned to you before. My brother is kind-hearted. He's like a... gentle Wolf."

"A gentle Wolf?" I took in her words. If anyone knows him best, it's her I guess. From what I know he seemed gentle at the wedding, but he could have been putting on a show for the sake of my brother and his wife. It's when we are left alone, I will see his true colors.

Just as Alaina finished speaking, the heavy rich doors at the front, opened and slammed shut. Footsteps pummel the glass like tiles.

Alaina and I looked over the balcony stair railing and I stiffened in plain sight. The familiar composed face that I saw just last night at the wedding has shifted to rage. Blood painted Rocco's white dress shirt and face. from what it seems, his hands are bruised and red. The holster around his back was empty, his gun wasn't there this time around.

I remember touching the gun last night. He watched my reaction when I jerked my hand away. "Don't be scared," he told me. He also said there's never a day he doesn't have his gun on him, but the fact that his holster is empty today and he doesn't have a gun in hand, only means something happened. It's not like I care anyway.

Alaina hunched over the railing as Rocco walked under the balcony towards the back end of the house. She moved to the other side and watched him walk into her father's office. She turned to face me, beaming. "I swear he's a gentle wolf."

"Right." I nodded. It explains the blood and all.

After the long tour, I settled in the one room I chose in Rocco's wing. This room has a view of the garden. A perfect scenery to paint with. I hadn't had the motive to paint in years. But I have a feeling while being here, painting is going to be my muse.