chapter six

—ARES LOVED HIS DORM ROOM. He loved Hogwarts, just not the people in it. He loved his common room and the fact that the couches by the fireplace was now 'their spot'.

He loved the colors green and silver.

He loved the picture of his ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, on top of the fireplace, who would sometimes look at him thoughtfully. He never did that to anyone else. It made Ares feel special.

He loved his friends, Draco especially. He would never admit that, though.

He loved the beautiful castle.

He loved Astronomy class, where he would look at the stars for hours.

He loved Potions class, where his potions always turned out just right.

He loved Defense Against the Dark Arts, where he would always get the spells right.

He loved this new life.

However, he hated Headmaster Dumbledore.

He hated his knowing eyes following him everywhere he went.

He hated the teachers for always dismissing him (except Snape, who never did that).

He hated the whispers that followed him everywhere he went.

He hated—

"I'm on the daily prophet?!" Ares almost spat out his juice.

Blaise, who just gave him the newspaper, sat across from him. "Look at the bright side; you're famous, man!"

Ares' eyes widened in horror. There was a picture of him reading all alone in the library. Next to it was a paragraph—

"ARES RIDDLE, son of you-know-who, at Hogwarts?! That's right, dear readers, you-know-who had a son the same age as our savior Harry Potter! Find that hard to believe? I do, too! His name is Ares Salazar Riddle. He was sorted into Slytherin this year (as expected). How come nobody knew about this? Did Dumbledore know? That leaves us thinking."

Ares slapped his forehead and groaned. "I hate this. Get it away from me."

Theodore grabbed it and put it away.

Draco grinned in delight. "Hey, look. You don't look too bad, Ares."

Ares looked up and saw the many eyes that were on him. He huffed. "Why?! Why me?!" He groaned again and put his head on the table.

"Come on, it's not that bad." Theodore tried to make him feel better.

"It kinda is.." Blaise muttered, earning a glare from all three of the boys.

"Oi, Riddle!" Marcus Flint walked to them with the newspaper in his hand and pointed to the picture. "Your name's on the daily prophet!"

Ares glared at Marcus. "Incendio." He pointed his wand at the newspaper.

Flint let go of the burning paper with a girlish shriek, making Draco burst out laughing.

"5 points from Slytherin for almost lighting someone on fire." Professor McGonagall said as she walked by them without looking at them.

Alex glared at her back.

"10 points to Slytherin for knowing a spell above your level," said Snape monotonously as he walked by them.

Alex smirked.

Did he mention how he loved Snape? Because he sure did.

Marcus Flint went back to his seat, staring at his hands to know if it was burnt or not. Surprisingly, it wasn't.

"Yo, Riddle!" Ron Weasley shouted across the hall, catching everyone's attention. He let out a laugh and put the daily prophet above his head. "You're on the daily prophet!"

Ares' wand was in his hand under the desk, so he muttered an 'incendio' discreetly and watched as Ron's hair almost burned.

Ron also let out a girlish shriek, making the Slytherins all laugh at him.

"Mr. Riddle, how dare you!" Professor McGonagall stood up from her seat.

"You have no proof he did it, professor." Professor Snape countered.

She glared at the man, but sat back down and didn't say anything else.

Ares gave Snape a grateful look, who subtly nodded back.

"I have the coolest godfather ever," whispered Draco with a grin.

Ares watched as an embarrassed Ron Weasley rushed out of the Great hall.

It was his fault, anyway. Seriously, what did he think would happen?

The boy stood up and muttered, "I'll go to the library."

"It's the weekend. You don't have to study." Blaise reminded him with a raised eyebrow.

"I know," said Ares, "but still."

He walked out of the Great hall and walked to the library. Within a few minutes, he was there.

He looked around to make sure nobody was sneakily taking photos of him again and sat down, opening his book and starting to read it.

He was interrupted when—

"Why'd you do that to Ron?" Harry Potter asked.

Ares, who was sitting on the window seat, looked up from the book in front of him. "What?"

"Why'd you do that to Ron? You embarrassed him in front of everyone."

"He started it, Potter." Ares scoffed and ignored him, going back to his book.

"Look," started Harry, "I don't want any feuds between us. Not my group, nor yours."

Ares rolled his eyes. "I don't care. There's bound to be a feud."

Harry Potter sighed. "Fine. Suit yourself."

Ares shook his head when he walked away and went back to the book in front of him.

What was Harry Potter thinking?

Technically, he started the feud long, long ago when he was the reason of Ares's father's death.

And plus, what was he thinking, talking to Ares as if Ares would care?!

What if somebody saw them talking together?

Ares wrinkled his nose in disgust and looked around.

All clear.

Thank Merlin.