chapter eight

—YULE CAME BY QUICKER THAN EXPECTED. Ares stared at the big manor in front of them in awe. "Come on, Ares." Draco grabbed his hand and pulled him through the gates. "My mother's excited to meet you."

Ares swallowed and followed him.

When they were in front of the doors, it opened and a house elf took their trunks wordlessly. Draco walked into the manor, Ares not too far behind him.

"There you are!" A woman's voice said filled with excitement.

"Mother!" Draco smiled and rushed into her arms. Ares awkwardly lingered by the door.

When they were done hugging, the woman came over to Ares and said, "I'm Narcissa Malfoy, but you can call me Cissa." She smiled. "Ares, right?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Cissa," she corrected him softly.

Ares' lips quirked. "Yes, Cissa. It's nice to meet you."

"You look so much like your father," a masculine voice said by the doorway leading to the living room. Ares looked at him and swallowed.

It was the first time he was told that.

Ares had black hair and black eyes, which he thought were pretty normal. He never knew he looked like his father.

"Thank you."

Lucius Malfoy smiled slightly at that. Only a true Slytherin like Ares would consider that a compliment. "I'm Lucius Malfoy, but you can call me Lucius."

"Or Luci," Narcissa quipped, earning a glare with no real intensity behind it from her husband.

Ares nodded. "Nice to meet you."

"Draco, show Ares to his room."

"Yes, father." Draco straightened in the presence of his father and motioned for Ares to follow him.

When they were gone, Lucius Malfoy looked at his wife. "Are you sure this is a good idea, Cissa?"

Narcissa nodded immediately. "We should've done this sooner, Lucius. He was our lord's son. Our lord told his inner circle about him for a reason."

Lucius looked guilty. "I know," he murmured. "I know."

✫ ✫ ✫

Ares's lips parted when he walked into his room. His own room!

It was huge.

The bed was on the other side of the room and it was a king sized bed. By the wall across from it, there was a fireplace and couches surrounding it.

"And this is your bathroom." Draco walked over to the closed door in his room and opened it, making Ares look at it.

"Draco, this is too much." Ares tried, still looking around in awe.

"Nonsense, Ares." Draco frowned. "This is not even enough."

Ares almost smiled at that. "You guys didn't have to. This is truly more than I deserve."

Draco glared at him. "Don't say that. You deserve even more."

Ares swallowed, his throat thick with emotion. "Thank you so much."

"Dinner's at seven. We have—" he looked at the watch on his wrist "—30 minutes until then. Do you want a snack for now?"

"No, thank you."

Draco nodded. "My room is the one right next to this one. My parents put us beside each other for a reason. If you want anything just let me know."

Ares nodded gratefully. "I will. Thank you."

"Stop thanking me." Draco glared at him with no real intensity behind it. He shook his head. "I'll let you get settled in for now. I'll see you in twenty five minutes when I take you to the dining room."

Ares nodded again.

Draco walked out of the room and closed the door, leaving him alone.

He looked around, still in disbelief. The room was dark green and silver. The walls were painted dark green and the covers on his bed were dark green, but the couches were gray.

His trunk was right next to his bed—

Empty.

Ares frowned in confusion. He opened the dresser and understanding dawned on him. The house elves unpacked for him. That was nice.

He took out his wallet from his pocket and put it on the night stand. He would go shopping with the boys soon. He didn't really want new clothes. He already had enough. But he figured he did need them.

✫ ✫ ✫

"This is the way." Draco showed the way to the dining room with Ares behind him.

When they were there, Ares sat down next to Draco, who sat down across his mother, with his father sitting at the head of the table.

"How is school going, boys?" Narcissa immediately opened up a conversation and looked at them.

"If it weren't for Potter and his friends, it would go by smoother." Draco said bitterly.

"Does Potter annoy you at Hogwarts, Ares?" Lucius looked at the young boy, who shook his head.

"Not really. Everyone else does, though."

"Everyone talks about Ares." Draco explained when Lucius looked confused. "Everyone hates him."

"Thanks, Draco."

Draco looked at him in apology. "Sorry."

"He's right, though." Ares shrugged, looking unbothered. "I'm used to it by now, though."

The food suddenly appeared in front of them. Draco looked delighted and dug in, so did his parents.

Ares shyly put some food on his plate and started eating.

"Have you showed them what would happen to them if they annoyed you?" Lucius asked Ares, expecting a 'yes'. He was Lord Voldemort's son, after all.

Ares shrugged again and shook his head. "I've never really cared enough."

Lucius frowned, and so did Narcissa. They shared a look. "I've got a lot to teach you, Ares." Lucius said before drinking from the glass of wine in front of him.

"Teach me?" The young boy asked in confusion.

"As your father's right hand man, I need to teach you some basics. You need to be more like your father. You will return to Hogwarts a changed young man."

Ares's eyebrows rose. This would be fun.