chapter forty seven

—ARES PUT HIS HANDS IN HIS POCKETS AS HE STEPPED OUT OF THE FIREPLACE AND LOOKED AROUND. He had just floo'd to the Quidditch world cup with the Malfoys. Draco was trying his hardest to not show his excitement.

"Stay close," warned Lucius as they walked through the many tents. Everyone had their own tent up.

When they reached the place they were supposed to put up their tent at, Lucius pointed his wand at the ground and muttered a spell.

A tent appeared right in front of them.

They walked inside it.

Ares gazed around. It was an exact copy of Malfoy manor, but a smaller version. He almost snorted.

"Your rooms are in their usual place," said Lucius as he walked into the kitchen. The others followed him. "And the kitchen is filled with snacks if you need anything. I made sure of that."

"Thank you, father." Draco said as he opened the snack cupboard and took out something. He looked at his father in shock. "Father.. this is a muggle snack."

Lucius's lips curled in disgust. He looked at his wife, who cheekily smiled. He shook his head and walked out of the kitchen.

When he was far enough, Draco ripped the package open and ate one. His eyes widened at the taste. "This is so good," he said as he chewed. He offered it to Ares.

Ares shook his head vigorously. "No thanks."

"Just because it's muggle?" Draco asked as he took out another one and ate it. "No wonder you got this, mother."

"I knew you would like it," replied Narcissa, always the epitome of a caring mother. She walked out of the kitchen and let the two boys be.

✫ ✫ ✫

The Malfoy family were at the top box, where all the important families were.

Minister Cornelius Oswald Fudge shook Lucius's hand. "Glad to see you could make it, Lucius."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, Minister." Lucius replied. He motioned towards his son. "Minister, this is my son, Draco Malfoy."

Fudge took Draco's hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you, Draco. You look a lot like your father."

Draco straightened at the compliment.

Lucius motioned towards Ares this time. "And this is Ares Riddle."

Fudge stopped shaking Draco's hand and looked at the cold looking boy. He paled. "Yes, yes, nice to meet you." He mumbled and turned around, greeting the Lupins and Harry Potter, who just came in.

Ares and Harry made eye contact. They had been secretly sending letters to each other all summer. Harry gave Ares a small smile and looked away before anyone saw.

Ares's heart beat faster, but he ignored it and looked away as well. He followed Draco, who sat down next to his father. Narcissa, meanwhile, was on the other side of Lucius.

"I can't believe the Lupins and Potter are here." Draco's nose wrinkled in distaste.

"They're an important family as well, Draco." Ares pointed out while looking at the stadium.

They were high up, but not too high. They could see everything, thankfully.

The box filled gradually around them over the next half hour. Ares saw the Weasley family also come in. Mr Weasley kept shaking hands with people who were obviously very important wizards.