chapter twenty five

—YULE HAD ENDED SOON ENOUGH. Ares's conversation with his mother had kept replaying in his head the whole Yule. Draco had found out about everything when Ares told him one night.

He loved the fact that him and Ares were related. Cousins. Oh, he was thrilled.

They were now in the common room. Ares's trunk was in front of them. They were trying to fit all the books into it.

"I only got you seven books!" Pansy huffed. "Why doesn't it fit?!"

"Because I got him seven, as well." Blaise said as if it was obvious.

"And because I got him, like, how much? Three?" Daphne asked, looking at the boy.

Ares nodded. "Yeah. You got me three. Shit, Draco, we forgot about the book." He looked at Draco and face palmed. He was talking about Magick Moste Evile. He had forgotten about it due to being too busy about his mother.

He visited her once, but that was more than enough.

"You guys know that there's a spell?" Theo looked at them and shook his head.

"What spell?" Ares asked in curiosity.

"Undetectable Extension Charm." Theo pointed his wand at the trunk and murmured something.

The interior of the trunk immediately became bigger. "Huh," mused Blaise in awe. He shook his head and put the books in it neatly.

"You should've just said that earlier," said Pansy with a shake of her head as she also put the books in her trunk.

"You guys didn't have to get me all those books." Ares looked at them all. "It's too much."

"Come on, Ares. You need every help you can get." Daphne said, putting the three books she got him inside the trunk as well.

When they were done, they closed the trunk. Ares levitated the trunk back to his dorm and then sat down next to the fireplace.

"Did you guys see Dumbledore at the feast?" Draco asked as he stopped playing with the snitch in his hand.

"He wouldn't stop staring at Ares," replied Blaise as he laid down on one of the couches.

Draco, who was sitting on the couch across him with Theo, nodded. "That's what I was saying."

"He's probably just spooked about Ares reading a dark book." Daphne joined in with a shrug. "It's Dumbledore."

"What happened to the injured boy?" Pansy asked curiously. She looked at Ares.

Ares sighed. "He's healed. Unfortunately."

"Unfortunately," repeated Blaise. "Madame Pomfrey knows how to heal students well."

"The library has his blood on the floor," said Daphne, who was at the library earlier that day. "Students were all around it, whispering about what happened. The blood is stuck on the floor. Filch tried to clean it up, but it doesn't go away."

"It serves as a reminder of what'll happen if they mess with Ares," said Draco, looking proud. "That's a good thing."

✫ ✫ ✫

"Perfect potion, Riddle and Malfoy." Professor Snape said as he walked by their table, staring into their finished potion. "10 points to Slytherin."

A few Gryffindors groaned.

Draco smirked.

Blaise's potion blew up in his face. Snape glared at the boy. Blaise frowned and looked around, catching a laughing Gryffindor. He put the right number of ashwinder eggs inside.

Unless..

"They put something in my potion!" Blaise exclaimed in shock.

Ron Weasley and Harry Potter looked at him. Ron immediately denied it, but Harry didn't say anything.

"Well, Potter?" Professor Snape looked at Harry expectantly. "Did you put something in his potion?"

"I didn't." Harry answered truthfully.

Snape looked at Ron Weasley, who shook his head. "I didn't. He's lying."

Harry turned to Ron and glared at him.

Ron sighed at his look and nodded. "Fine. I did."

"50 points from Gryffindor." Professor Snape glared at the boy. "And detention for the rest of the week."

"With you?" Ron asked in horror. Snape nodded. He groaned and looked away.

When class was over, Blaise rushed to his dorm room's bathroom to take a shower. Meanwhile, Ares, Draco, and Theo were in the dorm room waiting for him.

"That was really unfair." Theo frowned.

Draco nodded vigorously. "We have to do something. Weasley cannot get away with it!"

"We won't do anything," said Ares with a shake of his head. Theo and Draco turned to look at him. "What? We don't want any more attention on us."

"Fuck that! We cannot let them get away with it, Ares!" Draco exclaimed, not believing what his cousin was saying.

Ares shrugged. "Fine. Do whatever you want."

"Ares is right," murmured Theo, catching Draco's attention. "We don't need to do anything. Weasley's in trouble with Snape, anyway."

Draco couldn't believe what he was hearing. He sat down on his bed with crossed arms.

Fine. If they weren't going to do anything, then so be it.