Chapter 3

Becky's POV

Here I am in the living room. Grandma asked me to map the stairs. They are gossiping that the master is coming home today.

Yesterday my day ended after we ate dinner. Everyone is so kind. I think I will get along with them. I'm enjoying it now.

Grandma said I shall map only until the last step but never take a step in the next floor. I just nodded to grandma but still I'm curious.

I started cleaning the stairs from the first Step to the last step. The stairs have 30 steps. It's made of wood. It's kinda dusty a while ago.

At the last step I am mapping when I hear something on the second floor. It's like someone is there but grandma said that only the master lives on the second floor?

Who probably makes those noises?

On my curiosity. I didn't follow grandma's instructions. I step at the second floor.

It was dark only the light coming from the second floor is my guide.

Until I see a red door. Hmm maybe the sounds came here?

I then open the door slowly too scared to make noise. Grandma may caught me!

Opening the door I saw a big room. It's literally big it's like four times my room!

All furniture are elegant. There also a big painting in the room near the bed. I walk closer to have a clearer look of the painting.

It's a family painting.

Two couples about 40s? And two people sitting in the sofa one girl and boy about 20s?

They look stunning. No emotion are present in their face. It's kinda giving me chills.

I examined more and see the painter and date of the painting.

But it's too blurry. I need to be closer I was about to see the details when I heard some footsteps.

Oh no! It's that the master!

I'm doomed if she caught me!

I then quickly hide under the bed. Thank god the bed sheets almost in the floor.

I cover my mouth and all I can hear is my heart beat.

The door open and then I felt that the bed moved.

Omg! The master will sleep. How can I escaped now? Should I wait for her to sleep.

But later on while I'm thinking how I can go out. The master stand up. I can see her feet and it slowly walking through my direction and stopped.

I am now getting caught! My heart beat become more faster than usual but a big sigh when the master continue walking and go inside a door.

And then I hear some water falling down. Oh it's good this is the right time.

I quickly go out under the bed and slowly walk to the door and close it slowly too scared to be caught.

When I reach the 1st step all my worries is gone.

I walk in the kitchen and grandma saw me.

She asked if I am finished and I just nodded.

A little later grandma instructed me to bring the food she cooks for the master in the living room. I grab the tray. I'm a little nervous for what happened a while ago.

I saw her sitting in the sofa scrolling in her phone. She looks busy so I just put the tray in the table but suddenly I stumbled and I drop the glass of orange juice.

I was too nervous and keep saying sorry and without thinking I pick up the pieces of the broken glass and it wounded me.

I was painful. It goes deep on my hand.

I was shocked when master stand up and quickly make her pace to the second floor.

What's wrong with master? Maybe I upset her.

Grandma will be mad at me.

**************************

Thanks for reading this chapter ✨
Photos are not mine giving the credits to the rightful owner.

It's giving me chills writing this kind of story!!!