Strange Shapes

He was actually looking forward to going to the bakery the next day. Harry intrigued him and he wouldn't mind getting to know him a little better. There was no way Harry would be into guys and single, he couldn't be that lucky, but he would at least try and find out. He wondered if his sisters had ulterior motives for entering him into this but how would they know Harry's sexuality and relationship status?

He showed up just before seven. Clearly, he had been too early yesterday since Harry was still wiping tables when he arrived. This time he wasn't.
"Hi!" Harry smiled.

"Hello." Louis greeted.

They made their way to the back where Harry had already prepared for their baking session. Louis removed his jacket and put on an apron while Harry fetched the dough.
"Let's make icing sugar first. I know you can buy that stuff in tubes in the grocery store but that's cheating and mine tastes better anyway. I add lemon." Harry said cheerfully.

"Of course you do." Louis smiled teasingly.

Harry showed him how to make iced sugar and they made a white, a red and a green batch.
"How long have you worked here?" Louis asked.

"I actually own the place. I opened it six months ago. I moved here from Holmes Chapel." Harry answered.

"Really? That's impressive." Louis said and he was indeed impressed. Opening your own business took guts.

"Thanks. I'm doing alright. This whole competition with free baking sessions was my way to gain more customers. I think it worked. Soon I can actually hire someone so I don't have to work every day by myself."

"You work every day?" Louis questioned. That sounded awful. No free time.

"Nah, I keep it closed on Sundays and I close early on Saturdays." Harry informed him.

Louis was working a rolling pin, trying to roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/2 centimeters as Harry had instructed.

"That's good enough. What shapes do you want? I have heart and star, ehm and gingerbread man, pine tree..." Harry said and held up different figures.

"Can I just carve me own shapes with a knife?" Louis wondered.

"Of course. Here." Harry smiled and handed him a knife.

Louis took the knife and Harry giggled.
"Wrong side, turn it around."

"I know that." Louis muttered feeling embarrassed but Harry just smiled friendly at him.

He started to make his carvings. He saw that Harry was confused.
"Pile of poop!" He explained.

Harry burst out laughing.
"What are you? Five?" He teased.

"23, thank you very much. I'm gonna give these to me sisters as revenge for admitting me name in the contest." Louis snorted.

Harry's face fell.
"Oh, you don't want to be here?"

"What? No, no, of course I want to be here! Promise. I have fun. No, revenge because they think I can't bake." Louis hurried to say.

"Okay." Harry giggled.

They spent the next hour baking and decorating cakes and Louis had a really good time.