Knickerbocker Glory

450g fresh raspberries
2 tbsp icing sugar
1 ripe mango
150g fresh blueberries
12 scoops of vanilla ice cream
25g pistachios

Harry had suggested a dinner at his place the next day when Louis dropped him off after their shopping spree and Louis immediately accepted the invitation.

Harry let his new employee close the bakery and headed home at three to get ready for the dinner date.

Louis showed up at five. Harry had already prepared the meal.
"I thought we could make the dessert together so we can continue your education."

"Sounds fun." Louis smiled.

Harry showed him to the kitchen.
"I already made the ice cream."

"You made your own ice cream?" Louis questioned.

"Of course." Harry replied as if it was something everyone normally did.

He handed Louis an apron.
"You can make the raspberry coulis."

"Sure, if I only knew what the fuck that is." Louis chuckled.

"Just mix the raspberries and add two tablespoons of icing sugar." Harry answered.

"Okay, that I can do. I think." Louis smiled.

He stepped up to the food processor and got to work. In the meantime, Harry peeled a mango, removed the flesh, and diced it. He checked on the dinner in the oven. Louis smiled. This felt... Homey. That was the only word that came to mind. When he had mixed the raspberries into a smooth sauce he looked at Harry for further instructions.
"Use a sieve to get rid of the seeds."

"Right. Where do I find a sieve?" Louis asked.

"Second bottom cabinet to your right." Harry answered.

Louis looked and found what he was looking for. He got a bowl as well. Somehow he managed to make a smooth sauce without making a mess. Harry smiled encouragingly at him and fetched two high dessert glasses. They began to layer their ingredients. Raspberry coulis in the bottom, mango, blueberries, ice cream, and then a second layer. They topped it with pistachios. Harry put them in the freezer and took out the food from the oven. They sat down to eat. The meal was delicious and Louis made sure to tell him so. Harry looked happy. 

It was a pleasant evening. The conversation flooded easily and they laughed a lot. Louis couldn't remember the last time he felt this comfortable around someone or laughed as much as he did.

After dinner, they fetched the dessert and headed to the living room to watch An Affair To Remember. When the film ended it was getting late and Louis knew that Harry had to get up early.
"I should go. Thanks for a great evening. The food was amazing."

They got up. Harry looked out the window.
"Look! It's snowing! We have to make snow angels!"

Louis laughed softly at how excited Harry was.
"Sure."

They headed to the hallway and put their shoes and coats on before they walked outside. Harry looked up at the sky and tried to catch snowflakes with his tongue. Louis watched him fondly. Harry was magical. He walked up to him and gently touched his elbows. Harry looked at him. Louis cradled his cheek and caressed it with his thumb.
"Can I kiss you?"

"Yeah." Harry breathed out. A puff of smokey air left his mouth.

Louis smiled and leaned in slowly. Harry met him halfway and they shared a soft first kiss. When they needed to come up for air Harry smiled brightly.
"Snow angels!" He shouted.

He lay on his back on the snow-covered lawn and started to move his arms and legs. Louis laughed and lay next to him. He looked up at the sky and made a snow angel as well. He hadn't done that since he was a kid.

They got up and watched their creations. Harry put a hand on Louis' shoulder and gave him a quick kiss.
"Good night. See you tomorrow."

"Good night." Louis smiled.

He headed to his car but turned around halfway there and smiled and Harry who waved at him before he headed inside. Louis unlocked his car and took a seat. He was happy.