Shortbread Bites

155g plain flour
3 tbsp icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
110g softened butter
1 tbsp red and green sprinkles

"What do you like to do for fun?" Louis asked as he put on the apron.

"I like to jog." Harry answered.

"For fun?" Louis questioned and stared at Harry as if he was a complete lunatic.

"Yeah, I like to stay in shape. Running helps me clear my head and you know, the fresh air and all that." Harry smiled.

"I bet you go to the gym as well." Louis snorted.

"Occasionally. I usually gym at home." Harry shrugged.

Louis just shook his head.
"What?" Harry laughed.

"No one works out for fun." Louis pointed out.

"I guess you don't work out then." Harry chuckled.

"I play football. I mean, mostly for fun nowadays. I played in school." Louis shrugged.

"See? You just mentioned exercise and fun in two sentences." Harry said and waved his hand at him up and down.

"True. What else do you do for fun?" Louis asked.

"Well, I love to bake, and cook. I love going to the cinema and I enjoy singing." Harry smiled.

"You do? Then you should join us caroling." Louis said.

"You Christmas Carol?" Harry asked, looking utterly surprised.

"Yeah, me and the guys have done that since our teens. Well, except me friend Oli. He's tone deaf and doesn't enjoy singing as much as we do." Louis answered.

"I would love to. When?" Harry wondered.

"On the 13th. We visit a bunch of elderly homes and the homeless center downtown and sing a couple of Christmas tunes." Louis informed him.

Harry just stared at him.
"What?" Louis questioned.

"That's amazing. So sweet and... That's great." Harry said, stumbling over his words and blushing.

"You don't even know if we can sing. Maybe we're torturing everyone." Louis smirked.

"Nah, then you wouldn't have been invited back year after year." Harry smiled.

"Valid point. So how do I make these cookies?" Louis asked.

"Just follow the recipe. What Christmas songs do you sing?" Harry asked.

Louis measured the flour.
"Oh, different every year. We're actually seeing each other tomorrow to decide this year's setlist. Obviously you're invited."

"Thanks." Harry smiled.

"Uhm, maybe we can meet up here? We can bake something in the meantime? If you're not cool with that we just meet afterward. That's fine." Louis shrugged.

"Of course, we can meet up here. Kill two birds in one stone." Harry said.

"Yeah, that's an awful expression, isn't it?" Louis chuckled.

"You're right! Who wants to kill birds?" Harry said.

"Well, if you ask Niall he would say that birds are scary creatures." Louis smirked.

"He's afraid of birds? Why? They're beautiful." Harry smiled.

"Mostly pigeons I think. You have to ask him that." Louis said and laughed.

"I think I'll keep away from that subject altogether. I don't want to start on the wrong foot with him." Harry smiled.

"It's almost impossible to not be liked by Niall." Louis replied.