Chocolate Chip Cookies

150g salted butter, softened
80g light brown muscovado sugar
80g granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
225g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
200g plain chocolate chips or chunks

"Hi, thanks for yesterday." Harry greeted when Louis knocked on the door to his bakery.

"Hello and same." Louis replied.

"How do you feel about chocolate chip cookies?" Harry asked as they made their way to the back.

"Yummy!" Louis replied.

"Let's make it a big batch then so I can sell them tomorrow." Harry said.

"Oh, using me for cheap labor, I see?" Louis joked.

Harry giggled.
"Of course."

They started by measuring the flour.
"I've finally hired someone. Not a day too soon." Harry said.

"That's great!" Louis smiled.

"Yeah, I'm taking the day off tomorrow. I'm really behind on my Christmas shopping." Harry said.

Louis sighed.
"Oh, God. Me too. I have no idea what to get me sisters. Girls are difficult to buy stuff for!"

"What? Girls are easy." Harry said.

"Wanna go the to the mall tomorrow then? Maybe you can help me find something since you find it so easy?" Louis suggested.

"Yeah, sure. I'd love to." Harry immediately agreed.

They both looked forward to it. They continued to add ingredients into the huge bawl. When it was time to crack the eggs Harry stopped him.
"I'm sorry, Lou but I think my customers prefer cookies without eggshells. I'll do that."

Louis realized that Harry just called him a nickname and that warmed his heart. That didn't mean that he would let that comment slide.
"Oh, it's like that, is it?"

He picked up an egg and smashed it on Harry's head. Harry let out a loud squeal.
"Louis!"

Louis laughed and Harry picked up an egg and aimed at him.
"No, no, no." Louis said and ran away.

Harry chased him around the kitchen island. He managed to crack the egg over Louis' head. Louis grabbed a handful of flour and smeared it in Harry's hair. They both laughed and started to throw ingredients at each other.
"I give up!" Harry finally shouted after Louis cracked an egg on his neck, making it drip down his shirt.

"Sorry, not sorry." Louis sassed.

Harry just laughed. He wet a towel and tried to wipe his back.
"Let me help you." Louis offered.

"Alright." Harry agreed. He handed him the towel before he turned his back to him and removed his shirt.

Louis stared at his back for way too long before he collected himself and began to wipe the egg off Harry's back.
"Thanks." Harry said and put his shirt back on before he turned around.

Louis smiled and wiped Harry's hair and face. Harry took the towel after that and returned the favor. They just stood there staring at each other for a moment.
"This place is a mess!" Harry finally said.

"I'll help you clean." Louis offered.

An hour later the cookies were in the oven and the place was clean.
"I'll pick you up at ten tomorrow?" Louis suggested.

"Yeah, sounds great." Harry smiled.