Dinner

The snowball cookies were very highly appreciated by his siblings as well. Louis was home for dinner.
"Your sisters have told me their master plan. Are you at least enjoying it?" His mother Jay asked with a smile as they sat down at the dinner table.

She had been away to visit her parents for a few days, taking Louis' sister Fizzy with her.
"Yes, mum. I enjoy it." Louis answered.

"He sure does." Daisy giggled and got her twin sister in on it.

Jay looked at her daughters.
"Am I missing something?"

Louis rolled his eyes.
"Just me sisters trying to be matchmakers."

"Why am I missing all the fun?" Fizzy complained.

"Girls, that's sweet but I'm sure that Louis is more than capable of finding a guy on his own." Jay said.

"Yeah, all the wrong guys. Honestly, Mum, he has terrible taste in men." Lottie snorted.

Jay hesitated and Louis stared at her.
"What? You agree with them? Come on! That's not fair."

"I'm sorry, love. I haven't had the opportunity to meet that many of them." Jay said.

"Oh, so now I'm apparently dating loads of guys as well." Louis snorted.

"You can date as many or as few as you'd like. That's none of our concern and there's nothing wrong with that." Jay answered, unhappy about the twist of the conversation.

"Well, for your information I haven't been on a date in ages." Louis muttered.

"That's fine too." Jay answered diplomatically. She changed the subject. "Do what do you all want for Christmas? Have you made a list?"

Louis' sisters started to talk at the same time, telling their mother what they wished for. Louis was lost in thoughts. He really hadn't been on a date in ages. He kind of had given up. Lottie's comment about him meeting the wrong guys hit a nerve because it was kind of true.

While his sisters went through their present lists he listed the guys he had dated in his head. It wasn't that many. Usually, he never made it through to a second date. There had only been three guys that he had dated for a while. They all showed potential at first but after a month or two they finally revealed their not-so-charming true self and Louis had ended it.
"Louis? What would you like for Christmas?" Jay interrupted his thought process.

"A boyfriend?" He half-joked. Secretly he was longing for a real relationship.

"Ah, I'm afraid you're on your own there. Something else?" Jay smiled.

"Anything. I could always use more socks and boxers." Louis answered and returned the smile.

They were done eating and his sisters got up and cleared the table. His mum stayed put and laid a hand on his and squeezed it.
"I'm sure you will meet someone lovely when you least expect it."

Oh no. Not the pity talk.
"Yeah, don't worry about me, mum. I'm fine."

She smiled at him and they got up to help his sisters clear the table.